k and n on a series petrol....

Stroppy Cow

It won't filter anything out and it's not going to improve the standing 1/4 mile times of the 2.25 lump. Stick with the oil bath or stick a later paper element air box on, at least they stop things going in, and a 200TDi filter is by definition designed to flow at least twice as much air as your engine can suck in.

It won't filter anything out and it's not going to improve the standing 1/4 mile times of the 2.25 lump. Stick with the oil bath or stick a later paper element air box on, at least they stop things going in, and a 200TDi filter is by definition designed to flow at least twice as much air as your engine can suck in.

thats answered that then....i wont be putting one on.... :)

I run a Defender 200TDi airbox & filter on my 4.6 and it seems to work well enough - and a new paper element is £10.

think i just asumed that if i put a easier flowing air filter on the engine would work a little better..just looking for ways to make the engine a little happier....im well aware it,ll never be quick just fancied treating the old girl...

My brother has one on his 2.25 lightweight at the mo whilst he sorts out fitting an SU and proper filtration. :ph34r:

It makes a hell of a noise compared to my 2.25 with oil bath filter. Too much. Sounds like when you finish a milkshake with a straw, which is a shame because his engine actually sounds really nice...

The whole K&N thing has been done over before:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=9339 (and it's worth noting that HiClone thingies mentioned in this thread are complete snake oil too)

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=31190

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=40550

Best filter for naturally aspirated engine is an oil bath. If you want to increase the air flow because you have increased the flow downstream then fit an oil bath from a 2.6 prtrol.

If you haven't flowed the head, increased the fueling and a wider bore exhaust then don't bother. Check your tyre pressures and ensure your bearings are set right and you'll gain more performance and MPG.

G.