twin fans

colin tandy

gday all i could do with some sound advice if any one has done this mod could i have some pics please..

ok i want to run twin electric fans on the rad i have 2 good fans that work the air con which i want to use first question is do i need to keep them at the front of the rad ...im guessing so as the blow inwards..or can they be reversed so i can put at engine side of rad so they suck and i only want to wire into cab for swithing off whilst wading...dont need any fancy wireing gizsmos ....anyone got a wireing diagram also will need a thermostat to plumb into pipework so they cut in at temp

next question taking the aircon of the vehicle is there a set order in doin this or do i just disconect all pipework ect...i know to be aware of the refrigerant stuff ..any advice would be much welcome

cheers

colin

If the Disco rad is the same size as the Rangie one, find a Mondeo V6 with aircon setup, this has two fan which push huge amounts of air, and fits straight to the radiator frame -well with a little trimming it clips in.  

Other than that I have one self tapper to hold the cowl off the fins and job done -keeps my V8 nice and cool (until I broke it :()

If you had AC you won't need a shiny switch adapter just replace one of the thermoswitches in the thermostat housing - Intermotor 500091 or 500090 will wind in there as will any M22 from yer factors.