Insuring Modified Vehicles

stuck

Hi all,

Forgive me if this is a FAQ, I have tried searching but cant find anything.

Who are the best people to get a quote from for insuring heavily modified vehicles for on road use?

Looking at insuring a comp safari type truck for occasional road use.

Many thanks,

Mick.

Just think you have you try a few, all 3 of mine are insured with different firms :blink: Adrian flux wanted an astronomical amount for the 90 but can't be touched for the van.

The 90 is currently with Richard Egger and used to be with Competition Car Insurance both of these are for comp vehicles but no problems if they are used on the road.

my 90 was £260 fully comp with 200tdi, conversion rear axle change for disk brakes, different seats fitted, colour change, a bar, clear type halagon headlights, aloy wheel, spot lights, and i was only 25 (now 28) with 3 years ncb and got a 100% pay out when it got nicked last year not so cheap now but still the best i can get(also insured for buisness use for the last 2 years)

its now £540 on my td5 disco

"Academy Insurance Services were very good to me (recommended on yet another insurance thread on here) they got me a dedicated off-road policy (so private and off-road is covered), and it didn't even need proof of no claims, and was well down on other companies quotations. They also helped to get my 92 year old grandma insured again on her Morris Traveller.

01784 461131, think I spoke to Mandy, very very efficient"

Worth a punt :)

Some more here:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=42173&view=&hl=academy&fromsearch=1

and here:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=42173&view=&hl=academy&fromsearch=1

HTH :)