CHALLENGER 4x4 SERIES - DATES FOR 2010

Soliholic

Form sent off for all rounds, just some questions about camping and access for the sites for a BIG bus :D

Somerley Estate, Ringwood - Is there camping available the night before and access and hard standing for a 12m long coach with trailer?

Yarwell - Not taken the coach to this one but I think we could get the coach in, but is there camping the night before on site?

Thanks

Hi,

There will be overnight camping at all sites, we have cate

rers arranged for each site aswell.( probably Sunday only)

The only hitch is that Somerley Estate charge £10 per caravan/coach/tent for overnight camping, I am not charging this it is just something that they do. Those who did the Mike Wolfe will know this.

Paul has competed at both of these sites and he does not think that there will a problem for the coach but I will be calling Somerley tomorrow so I will check and I will get the situation checked for Yarwell aswell. Keep you posted. I will also put up postcodes for all the sites as soon as I have them.

Another thing that I forgot to say is that I have LRM on board this year. I chap called Charlie Thorne is going to be coming to every round to take piccys and to do a write up. I was disappointed with the lack of exposure last year as I know how you all love seeing your vehicles in the mags!!!!

Thanks for the questions, I will keep you posted.

Lucy

xxx

registration in the post tommorrow for all the rounds if its half as good as last year it will be a good laugh

i heard on the grapevine if you campover the night before there will be dancing girls and beer (of course excluding you and sarah :D )

There are different classes and 'experience' levels. The best thing to do is email or call Lucy direct at Challenger to discuss your individual circumstances - all the contact details you need are further up the thread...

I would suggest that you will be in a Novice in Class 1 (but I can't remember which way round the classes are numbered!!)

Another quick question...

How is the handicap set ?

I have No Challenge event experience, and only have attended playdays,

My truck has front winch

is there different classes in this event ?

Hi Lucy here,

You would be novice class and as long as your car has no diff lockers and only one winch you will be in Class 2.

Hope this helps.

Lucy

x

Hi all..

We are hosting a Show`n`Shine and open day at our workshops in Tongham primarily aimed at those competing in our series, idea being that it will give competitors a chance to meet before the series starts in a non competetive environment & not rushing off to get home!.

We would like anyone who is entering the series to bring their truck along or anyone who has something a bit different or interesting for others to drool over.

But we do understand that a lot of cars won`t be ready the night before an event let alone 3 weeks early so if not then just bring yourself along anyway for a jolly!

BUT...please,please,please if you want to show your truck let me know in advance so we can be sure of having enough room as we are already having lots of interest via our facebook group...Challenger 4x4.!!

Everyone else is welcome to attend even if not competing just to have a look round some very nice vehicles

We will get as many interesting trucks as we can fit in the yard.

We will have refreshments.

We will have coverage from at least one 4x4 mag.

We will have special offers & discounts.

We will have a prize for best turned out truck.

We will maybe have the twist off ramp out...its just a H&S nightmare!!

Let me know if you want to come along!

Saturday 6th March from 9.30 at our workshops in Tongham Surrey GU10 1AJ

Regards

Paul

• 1 month later...

Entry list for round 1 as of today 11.3.2010, these are the people who have completed an entry form for the first round and paid! If your name does not appear on here and you think it should then please call. I have alot of people who have completed a registration form but not an entry form.

Team 1 Nick Anderson and Neville Hudd

Team 5 Aln Willcocks and Daniel Willcocks

Team 6 Steve Beck and Adrian Dayley

Team 7 Michael Gill and Simon Case

Team 9 Peter Roberts and Ben Burge

Team 10 Ben Champion and Martin Champion

Team 11 Philon Parpottas and Alex Parpottas

Team 14 Andrew Beck and Dominic Flitney

Team 15 Daniel Thompson and James Taylor

Team 17 Kevin Moss and Tom Fall

Team 18 Brad Fox and Nick Gardner

Team 19 Andy Nash and Dan Elias

Team 21 Stan Lawrence and Steve Parrot

Team 25 Matt Squirrell and Tony Nason

I have 28 teams registered but only 14 teams paid, please, please could you get your paperwork to me. If you have any queries please call on 01252 325930 or 07836 713677.There is still places available.

Thanks

Lucy

xx

Closing date for this event is officially this Sunday, please could you get your forms and money to me as soon as possible if you still wish to enter. There are places still available for round 1. I will put another entry list up later. You can download any forms that you need on our shiny new website www.challenger4x4.com and click on events. We will be posting all details,results and pictures here aswell. If you have any queries please don't hesitate to call me on 07836 713677. Thanks

Lucy

x

Entry list as of tonight:

Team 1 Nick Anderson and Neville Hudd

Team 2 Sam Coulton and Matthew Martin

Team 3 Barry Benjamin and Steve Law

Team 5 Alan Willcocks and Daniel Willcocks

Team 6 Steve Beck and Adrian Dayley

Team 7 Michael Gill and Simon Case

Team 8 Keith Rayment and Steve Grant

Team 9 Peter Roberts and Ben Burge

Team 10 Ben Champion and Martin Champion

Team 11 Philon Parpottas and Alex Parpottas

Team 12 Chris Kelly and Jason White

Team 14 Andrew Beck and Dominic Flitney

Team 15 Daniel Thompson and James Taylor

Team 16 Ian Cocks and Stephen Day

Team 17 Kevin Moss and Tom Fall

Team 18 Brad Fox and Nick Gardner

Team 19 Andy Nash and Dan Elias

Team 21 Stan Lawrence and Steve Parrot

Team 22 Jerry Hunt and Ben Hampshire

Team 24 Paul Edney and Trevor Thomas

Team 25 Matt Squirrell and Tony Nason

Team 26 Benjamin Wolfe and Will Budden

These people have completed their forms and paid if you think you should be on the list please call me on 07836 713677. I still have places available. You do have to get a MSA license to compete but you can complete the forms on the day so please don't let that put you off entering or hold you up completing your forms.

Thanks

Lucy

x