CHALLENGER 4x4 SERIES - DATES FOR 2010

Soliholic

These are the dates we have set for next years series, if you received them at the weekend you will see that the May date has changed as it clashed with "The King of the tray backs". We have tried to avoid any other events and hopefully no more changes will have to be made. Dates are as follows:

Round 1 - 28th March 2010

Round 2 - 23rd May 2010

Round 3 - 27th June 2010

Round 4 - 1st August 2010

Round 5 - 19th September 2010

Round 6 - 24th October 2010

You will be pleased to know that I have avoided mothers day and fathers day next year!!!!

Locations are to be confirmed.

If you wish to register yourself for either a single event or the series please e-mail me and I will send you a registration form and you will be allocated with your team number for the series.

As explained yesterday we are having a meeting in a couple of weeks to confirm structure of the series regarding handicaps etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Lucy

xx

email : sales@challenger4x4.com

phone: 01252 325930 or 07836 713677

Are the rules and regs that will be used decided yet? I'm guessing that they will be pretty much the same as this years series, but a heads up on any likely changes would be dead useful if you know them...

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

As far as we are aware most of the rules and regs will be staying the same. As soon as we know of any changes we will let you know. We have got a meeting in a couple of weeks, so I will make sure it is brought up then.

Sara

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After speaking to a few people recently regarding some of the regs for the series, one thing is for definite and that is the requirement of a valid MOT certificate!

Last season the regs were that each car had to be road legal...MOT, Tax & insurance & proved to be quite an expense for some. So the decision has been made that only MOT is required. The main reason is purely as a simple dividing line on the level of car competing. ;)

We are still debating how to fine tune the handicapping system and will let everyone know as soon as possible. :blink:

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

After much deliberation we have decided to retain the handicap system that we used this year. I know that a few of the more experienced teams felt that it was a bit unfair towards the end of the series when the novice teams had improved so much, it was very difficult for you to win. We do appreciate this and because of this we have put some minor tweaks in place.

Firstly we will be putting those of you who have competed before in the correct catorgory by using the average punch count system, we will make these figures public so everyone can see were they will be placed.

For people who are new to the series we will be using the same honesty sytem as before and asking them to tell us what previous experience they have. But we will reserve the right to change our decision at any time if we feel it is necessary.

We hope that you will be happy with the decisions we have made and as always we will try and keep the competition as fair as possible for all that are involved.

Also as you may already be aware another change we have made is that although vehicle will have to be MOT'd, Tax and Insurance is NOT necessary. We felt that it is a big expense for people to tax and insure a vehicle that is in most cases trailered to an event.

I will be forwarding later today registration forms for all that have already requested them but if you haven't and would like one please either call me on 07836 713677 or email on sales@challenger4x4.com or lucybassbass@yahoo.co.uk . Also if you have any questions or moans please don't hesitate to call me. I will be publishing the average punch score table in the next couple of days so that you can all see where you stand.

Thanks and happy new year

Lucy

xxx

Sounds fine to us :)

Overall i thought it worked very well last year,

unfortunately whatever form of scoring in any event motorsport or not there will always be some that feel its unfair, as mentioned in previous posts we have had many meeting that went on till late into the night to discuss options, We for sure will be filling in our series entry forms very soon, See you all in march,

Just got to get the truck to challengers for a major chop up n rebuild now ;)

This was looking very interesting until I got to £75 :( This is a bit much for me, but I wish you well. Looks like I will be doing the LRS challenge at £40 :) plus you dont lose time trailering between site. Just one site and one winch.

Hi LR91,

I don't quite understand the

plus you dont lose time trailering between site.

The Challenger Clubman events are held on one site for the days compertition.

I didn't think they were £75 per round, but i may be wrong. You would need to contact Lucy Bass for correct entry fees, email on sales@challenger4x4.com or lucybassbass@yahoo.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have finally got sites booked for the series. Unfortunately due to site availability I have had to change the date of round 2 back to 16th May. We changed it as it originally clashed with the King of the Traybacks trophy but as that has now been cancelled Mr Nick has kindly given up the booking with Coney Green farm to us as they had no availability for any of our dates. So to confirm the dates and locations are as follows:

28th March - West Harptree

16th May - Coney Green Farm

27th June - Somerley Estate, Ringwood

1st Aug - Slindon

19th September - Tixover

24th Oct - Yarwell

I would like to take this oppurtunity to clarify a few other points.

You DO need a valid MOT to enter but you DO NOT need tax. (We will be asking for MOT's at scrutineering)

It is £60 per round to enter or £320 to pre enter the series. (The same as last year)

All of our events are held at one site you will not be required to trailer from site to site!!!

I have received quite a few registration forms if you wish to enter any or all of the rounds please call me or email for a form. The forms are also available to download on the AWDC website. Look forward to seeing you all again this year.

Thanks

Lucy

x

01252 325930 07836 713677 sales@challenger4x4.com lucybassbass@yahoo.co.uk

P.S Apologies for the date change, I really had no choice if we wanted each round at a different site!