Er....B**ger - Anyone got MileMarker Mounting "FootPrint"

Hmmm,

As the header says, anyone got a drawing showing the positioning of the 4 main bolts and 4 top bottom bolts that allow a MileMarker to be bolted to a bumper etc.

Having F.... "Rearranged" mine, I have taken it apart :blink: (Cue springs gear clunk oooer, how that fit back in :huh: ) and dropped the cases down to an engineering compnay to have the mullered threads sorted via inserts.

As such making up the new mount need to know the bolt hole positioning, anyone got these please ?

Nige :rolleyes:

Ten Inches In One Direction

Four and a Half Inches in the Other

Ladybird Guide To Making A Winch Mount In Two Easy Steps

1 Draw a rectangle 2 sides 10" 2 sides 4.5"

2 Drill holes at corners :P

or is that not what you wanted to know??

Off back to armchair :ph34r:

Off back to armchair

about time you took that armchair into the workshop & fitted a winch to it :lol:

Loooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggg day Nige :lol: it says this on the spec page "Bolt Pattern 10" x 4.5" (4 bolts, 3/8") "& with BM's ladybird guide you should be able to sort it out :rolleyes:

Given the abuse you give that winch, is repairing the threads going to be OK? Somehow I'd feel uneasy about re-tapping and re-(ab)using that winch casing after it's been wrenched about like that, ali tends not to like that sort of thing :(

Or is there some cunning engineering going on / me being thick? :rolleyes:

Milemrker, stripped apart, impressive inside, very HD for its size!

Lumps are up with Roe Engineering, who are machining out the rather poor quality inserts and shoving in much better ones, can't remember what they are called but they are a posh (and expensive) helicoil and far better.

Nige

I have seen a MM gearbox (mine) in bits, and an XD9000i gearbox (somebody elses) in bits, and there is no contest in terms of the construction! The phrase "built like a brick [censored]house" springs to mind :) but I must admit I thought the casing was likely to be the weak point if anything broke. So far so good, but then armchairs aren't that heavy even with me sitting in them :)