The Northern& Clubman challenge 12th & 13th Dec09

Matt BADLRC

Entries are now open for The Northern Challenge 12th & 13th December 2009 at Holymoorisde Derbyshire our two day event for teams of two vehicles @£75 per vehicle you will have punch cards on both vehicles and on both sides so that will potentially be 160 punhces per team per day :) .

We also have The clubman Challenge 13th December 2009 at Holymoorside that is our single day single vehicle event @ £50 per vehicle with punch cards on both sides so that is potentially 80 punches :) . Both events are run alongside each other enter the one that suit you best.

For more details please visit the relevant website for each event on of the following links www.northernchallenge.co.uk

www.clubmanchallenge.co.uk

please go to the downloads page on each website and download your entry form and send it the Eric Toyne along with your cheque.

and questions please email Email Eric

or post them here.

Due to a situation beyond our control we are unable to run our event at Hameldon Quarry and this event will noe be held at Holymoorisde Derbyshire, Sorry for any Inconvenience this may cause

whats holymoorside like? is it open or wooded. i really want to have a go at a challenge event.

A good site to learn on. no stupid long slopes plenty of trees but not to many that you are squeezing through them.

Come andjoin us. Also join us for the sat evening camping as well, can't beat saley's and boothys tales round the camp fire.

A good site to learn on. no stupid long slopes plenty of trees but not to many that you are squeezing through them.

Come andjoin us. Also join us for the sat evening camping as well, can't beat saley's and boothys tales round the camp fire.

You forgot to add very muddy! you would like this site alot tim and there's nothing scary for a first time event

Will we be getting any entries from our friends in Wales??

Sadly Kev and myself will be unable to attend due to other commitments.

We did enjoy Holymoorside last time got very muddy and very wet. I ended up wearing most of the site, was still picking the soil out of my teeth 2 days later.

We are planning on doing most of the clubman events next year.

Cheers,

Guss.

Sadly Kev and myself will be unable to attend due to other commitments.

We did enjoy Holymoorside last time got very muddy and very wet. I ended up wearing most of the site, was still picking the soil out of my teeth 2 days later.

We are planning on doing most of the clubman events next year.

Cheers,

Guss.

Sorry you cant get to the last one, good to know we will be seeing you next year. Thanks Guys

Tonight I am hopefully taking my pistons out to see what the smokin' was all about, I've had the heads fully reconned, they're sexy now and very, very nice, but just got to sort out the bottom end and know where I'm up to before I send my entry in, but SHOULD be OK,

probably beat the diesels power wise running in on tickover anyway........... they don't exactly roar off do they?????, more smoke and noise........ anyone for fishing?????

in fact come think about it Saley's very similar tongue.gif

probably beat the diesels power wise running in on tickover anyway........... they don't exactly roar off do they?????, more smoke and noise tongue.gif

Are we talking about the same V8 that made an appearance at Tong, and come to think of it several other HW events this year ;) . Didn't see much mud flicking off the tyres :P but did see this

post-978-125796446359_thumb.jpg

Tonight I am hopefully taking my pistons out to see what the smokin' was all about, I've had the heads fully reconned, they're sexy now and very, very nice, but just got to sort out the bottom end and know where I'm up to before I send my entry in, but SHOULD be OK,

probably beat the diesels power wise running in on tickover anyway........... they don't exactly roar off do they?????, more smoke and noise........ anyone for fishing?????

in fact come think about it Saley's very similar tongue.gif

at least us diesel owners aint pulling heads off after see'ing abit of water :P:P:P

There we were walking around tong listening for the mighty roar and smoke signals.

and all we saw was a V8 being TOWED and by marshall.

we then went and found a diesel swamping it's way up a raging waterfall.

That's 3 big fish in half'n'hour, including an unexpected woodpecker tongue.gif

Did you see how scared of that water it was in the photo, I told it "don't panic it's not deep just dirty" but it still didn't want to go in,

I dropped a proper ricket at Tong thinking I would get the punch over the water before it got to deep and was closed, but found out the hard way the snorkel had split underneath, and for the first time ever had Marshall recovery but hey in that weather I wasn't really bothered it was awfull that day. Still finished second in class. blush.gif

there is no way on this earth I would swap the petrol V8 for a diesel, yes I've had problems with cooling which was down to a brand new faulty electric water pump which kept airlocking and causing me some right grief, and a bit of trouble oiling up plugs which we think is in the bottom end somewhere possibly a cracked piston skirt or something similar but I love the instant and furious power that is available, oohh and that sound is just awesome, come on be honest.

Come on treebloke are you doing the Northern, great fun you know and local'ish??