Brand New Challenge venue

redrodant

Will it be rear steer friendly as well as hydro steer :P:P;)

Carl.

No rear steer just front please and road legel tyres 36" max, and no portalls,( change happens slowly) sorry if this excludes you but we have to look after our sites ;) , Ps i can't spell but i can find brilliant new sites occasionally :D look on the forum and pm your email to me and i will contact u with more info, were keeping this a bit of a seckret for now. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Looking on the http://www.midlandoffroadclub.co.uk/challenge.html web site I see you do a class one which is for a one winch no diff locks vehicle. You have put a weekend challenge so that'l be 2 days then ?. His this event suitable for a class one vehicle and a novice driver ? There is no mention of cost but as your one day challenge is just £40 then two days will be just £80 ;)

Looking on the http://www.midlandoffroadclub.co.uk/challenge.html web site I see you do a class one which is for a one winch no diff locks vehicle. You have put a weekend challenge so that'l be 2 days then ?. His this event suitable for a class one vehicle and a novice driver ? There is no mention of cost but as your one day challenge is just £40 then two days will be just £80 ;)

As with all MOC Challenges including the LRS CHALLENGE they are suitable for all the classes, including nivices,NO BIG TYRES, NO REAR STEER, NO PORTALLS, sorry. :( This is goind to run along the same lines as our normal challenge, the only difference being that to do justice to the site, and to give competitors time to explore fully it will be over 2 days, also gives us some quality pi$$ taking social time around a camp fire.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tease us by confirming a couple of the details - like where in the country this is, and how much it costs? I don't know who "the men in Orange" are... I'd be very interested in a site near Cheltenham, but it's all a bit unclear.

My link

The men in orange is the name given to the few dedicated poeple who DO stuf in the moc challenge sceen

Can you tease us by confirming a couple of the details - like where in the country this is, and how much it costs? I don't know who "the men in Orange" are... I'd be very interested in a site near Cheltenham, but it's all a bit unclear.

There is some more info on the MOC forum

http://midlandoffroadclub.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=53&start=0

I have been to few of there events and the organisers are very freindly / helpful. From what I have seen there are 3 classes your dailey drive (with a few mods) with just a front winch, then your dailey drive (with a few more mods) and 2 winches. Then there are trailered these still resemble normal LR's Zuk's and even a nice shiney black Jeep, these have 2 winches and diff locks. The punches are tricky to get rather than silly / dangerous, the better class 3 would get around 30 / 35 punches in the day and a decent class 1 would get high 20's and some times better. There's also 1 or 2 timed stages which take around 10 mins to complete. If you are still interested (you should be) then ask the man himself MOC challenge rep http://www.midlandoffroadclub.co.uk/contact.html

If your still not sure then go and watch a event, that's what I did.