Slight improvement on the day

Exmoor Beast

I agree with TC, hammersh&te and smoothsh&te have all the sticking power of a tube of Superglue which expired in 1978! I did my old Discovery back bumper with it once, spent ages sanding it down smooth, and it all just came off in about 3 months.

Can of Holts aerosol paint is a much better bet IMHO, available in matt or gloss black, silver, gold, yellow, orange....

Tony,

I have to say that I've found the opposite - my set of Disco steels were painted in silver smoothrite after very little preparation - they've been on the car for a good couple of years and a couple of sets of tyres (when I changed tyre types), and apart from a couple of marks where I've caught them off road, I've had no problem at all.

Tend not to use Halfords as I find them overpriced compared to most motor factors / traders - they're alright for some stuff if it's urgent (my local is just around the corner) but don't I don't go there as a matter of course.

Matt

Tony,

I have to say that I've found the opposite - my set of Disco steels were painted in silver smoothrite after very little preparation - they've been on the car for a good couple of years and a couple of sets of tyres (when I changed tyre types), and apart from a couple of marks where I've caught them off road, I've had no problem at all.

Tend not to use Halfords as I find them overpriced compared to most motor factors / traders - they're alright for some stuff if it's urgent (my local is just around the corner) but don't I don't go there as a matter of course.

Matt

Agree with Matt. The only problems I have ever experienced with Finnigans is it's sensitivity to cold (it goes matt!) As it stya flexible it takes a hell of a pounding

I've painted the arches on my trailer with hammer****e the paint has evaporated all the trailer has done is stand still in the garden.

it is far too hard it chips very easily.

I have no affinity for Halfords other than they were the only local place that sells Matt Black enamel, £5 for 250ml.

I have also tried POR15 that peels off in sheets.

smoothrite on the base of the battery box has all disapeared.

painted a gate with hammerite that is now rusty.

Painted a set of springs guess what they look like

PS didn't you paint your 110 Sills with hammerite Will?

how have they stood up?