Heater problem

Hi.

The heater fan on my 94ish V8 auto 90 has just packed up. The last time it worked it took about 10 seconds to come on after I switched it on. I switched off and it has not worked since. I've checked the easy to reach connections and the fuses. The sliding speed controller is only 2 or 3 years old so hopefully that is OK. Have I missed any other fuses or relays? I'm about to get out the circuit tester and hope that my basic understanding of the dark arts will find the problem. Or can any one think of anything else? I hate working in the cold...

Secondly I often leave for work at 04.30 and like the idea of getting into a warm car with a warm engine. I found this oil pan heater I would add a second battery and split charger and could even leave it plugged into the mains overnight via an intelligent charger and just use the battery for those really cold days when it's been left overnight in the car park at work....Any input/ advice is very welcome...

PS Any one got an idea of the price of the uprated heater fan/ matrix from the Netherland(?)about 3/4 of the way down this page

the little self contained eberspacher diesel heaters are a good way to heat or pre-heat a landy, they can be set on a timer to come on in the morning before you go to work etc, there not cheap but do work mega well....

These are fantastic ! We have the hot air type in our Ambulances at work as auxiliary heaters and they can make an entire LWB Renault Master as warm as toast in a few minutes. :)

Coolant heaters are great but the heat still has to come through the inadequate defender heater :(

Mo