Spot Lights/Driving Lamps

I recently bought a brand new 110 station wagon which is fantastic (apart from the usual Land Rover build issues - mine has already gone back for a new belt after 200 miles because of a loose idler - whatever that means!).

I have an A Bar fitted and a local tuner has put some KC daylighters onto this (fantastic job, with an OEM switch into the dash in the spare blank position). However, my garage door only has about two or three inches of clearance, and I want to put some more spots onto the roof - are there any oval or rectangular spots (that kick out a decent beam) anyone can recommend (which would not go much higher than the top of the roof slope) and would I need some sort of bar attachment above the windscreen?

Be very careful when you mount the roof lights low down, a friend did this and from the drivers seat they came down just below the wiper sweep (No lower than the sunvisor does anyway) and the kind MOT tester decided to fail it! If you do go low you may have to remove them once a year!

I just have a bog standard roof bar with 4 x 55w ring spots on them.

The sit slightly below the top lip of the windscreen and give off more than enough light.

I have them on a 3 way switch to come on with my full beam or off completely.

The whole lot sits well below the line of the roof itself.

AdePowellArms.jpg

Ade

Brilliant replies guys and I think the X-Eng lights look great.

Now that I have managed to get some muck onto the gleaming paintwork, I want to be able to see where I am going down these twisty lanes we have here in North Yorkshire as I have already gone hurtling around a corner and come across a farmer leaving the usual sh*t-tip from one of his field gates which was completely invisable in the dark (I now know that Landies don't do emergency stops as well other cars!!)