Anyone running 235/85/16's on a D1?

landymike

Mines on standard height, and was catching really badly on the rear quarters just driving up a normal access track, or on hitting any pot holes. Its on insa turbo dakars on the rear and some colways with a similar pattern on the front.

The problem you can have with a lift is that while it might not catch under normal driving due to the raised height, when offroading and the suspension is at its maximum compression, the interference still occurs, so its probably worth trimming the rear quarters anyway.

I run them on mine.

Needs a camel cut on the rear, some adjsuted lock stops, and i trimmed the bumper end caps for good measure.

Same here, I run some 235/85 R16s Trac Edge's on the standard land rover steel wheels - It fits very well with the wheels moving nicely into the arches on full articulation and certainly gives an improvement all around compared to the 235/70 R16s that I had before hand. The only downside is the slightly less direct steering and that it does struggle up the steeper hills due to the gearing sometimes.

Cheers

Ryck

Like Aragon said, I run 235x85 Pirelli Scorpion muds with no lift. I've had to adjust my steering stops a tiny bit because they DO rub like feck on the radius arms and I had to do that camel cut, but hardly any material needed taking off. I also removed the bumper valance, which I thinks looks gash when it's attached anyway.

Don't worry about rubbing or anything, just get it done. I had the same worries as you, but it's easy enough and I'm glad I did it.

Get it done man!!!

it seems fairly common mods when fitting this size re bumper valance off, trim the rear bottom of the rear arch, and adjust the steering stops, i have had to do all of these on mine with a terra firma 2" lift and the same on my last disco with britpart 2" lift too.