Tesco ....... Screwdrivers

mmgemini

Tesco are selling a blister pack of a LOT of screwdrivers for three quid.

I have nio idea of quality but Ibought myself a pack.

Well I could get one good one out of the pack

After an experience with pound shop screwdrivers I think you might have been better off buying a £3 bar of quality chocolate, rather than buying it in screwdriver shapes :ph34r:

After an experience with pound shop screwdrivers I think you might have been better off buying a £3 bar of quality chocolate, rather than buying it in screwdriver shapes :ph34r:

Not always the case. A lot of years ago. A very big lot indeed. I bought two sets of ring and OE spanners from a back page advert in the Saturday Express. They were a metric set which I wanted for the French tin box I was running at the time. Cheap and nasty I thought but they'll do for roadside work if needed.

Those spanners went into my everyday toolbox when I worked on Fiat and Lancia cars. They went the didtance only to be stolen. A good buy in 1968 at a quid a set.....I was earning £15 a week at the time.

Halfords had a set of their pro range screwdrivers going recently for 1.99 ! I don't know if they still have any but worth a look.

Mo

Mo, do you mean £19.99?

I picked this set up for £19.99 the other week as a Christmas present for someone.

These ones are a very good buy at the moment.

Halfords pro screwdrivers are well worth buying. I've had mine for years, the cross heads all still look like cross head screwdrivers :lol:

Mo, do you mean £19.99?

I picked this set up for £19.99 the other week as a Christmas present for someone.

Halfords pro screwdrivers are well worth buying. I've had mine for years, the cross heads all still look like cross head screwdrivers :lol:

They will if you don't use them as chisels :o

Mo, do you mean £19.99?

No Mickey, it was a smaller set with 7 or 8 screwdrivers. They were going free with their own brand oil initially but it looks like they had a load left over. That set looks pretty fancy :)

Mo