Posting Pics

click browse at the bottom , select your picture then select Attach this file.

Give it a while to upload.

Cheers

G :)

Thanks....I tried that....maybe i didnt wait long enough for the upload, i will try it again

I use photobucket to store the pictures and then once the pictures are loaded do the following :-

hover over the required picture on photobucket and a box will appear tick the tickbox in the box, scroll to bottom of the page and click on 'Generate HTML and IMG code' button. Scroll down the new page that appears to the box labelled 'IMG codes for message board' copy the text in the box, then come back to LR4x4 and paste into reply. you picture should appear :)

like this :-

lakes5.jpg

HTH

Pete

and its only 1.67MB

Uploading to the forum works well and is quick and easy, usually.

But... If you're uploading a file that's 1.67 MB, you're inviting difficulties. you would have much more success if you resized the picture before trying to get it online.

Generally, Anything over 500kB is huge for posting on forums, typically less than 100kB (0.1 Mb) is suitable for just posting in a forum post like this.

Photobucket will have compressed your file as you uploaded it.

As a general rule, I resize everything to 500x500 pixels (which also drops the filesize down well below 500k) for posting on the net as most forum posts do not require anything wider than this - even at 1024 pixels your picture is being scaled down by the forum software for display on my laptop.

Google for "STG Thumb" which is a good program to resize a folder full of photos (it can create small copies with new names so you retain the nice hi-res version).

in the 'new members read this' pinned post is a link on how to add photo's to each of your posts on this site, Can I suggest you read it & all the other good useful stuff in there too.

Your right, it was there all the time along with....as you say.... lots of other good stuff.

Thanks for the pointer and apologies for not actually having read the ....READ THIS....note first.

However, I looked in the Steering Guard Bolt Size section and there is just a picture of a diff.....is one of the bolts on the diff the right size for the steering guard?

Once again, apologies and thanks

Neil.