EP90 or One Shot

Wex

I'm part way through replacing the swivel hubs ( plus swivel seals, railko bearings,hub oil seal etc) on both sides.Im ordering th last few parts.Should I order one shot instead of EP90? The swivels were filled with EP90 previously.

EP90 is the better choice for earlier swivels with the railko top bush, as apparently this benefits from better 'splash lubrication' this way as opposed to the one-shot grease.

I had heard this. It puzzles me why garages supply the one shot when most think it is not appropriate for the earlier or late swivels which were meant to have EP90. It makes sense that the grease cannot 'splash' lubricate as well as the oil i suppose. Ralph, have you noticed anything untoward by putting both in?

EP90 is the better choice for earlier swivels with the railko top bush, as apparently this benefits from better 'splash lubrication' this way as opposed to the one-shot grease.

that is a very valid point and one I shall be making to my boss !!! we use grease on everything.

oil is easier to top up/replace, to do a grease change means a full strip & clean, mine are grease filled but with a few ML of ep90 to help.

I've done the full strip & clean over the past few days :) Can't say I'd look forward to it each time a grease change is needed .

I've opened off four top pins over the past few days , all with EP90 in the swivels and all four were bone dry.The hole in the top pin thrust washer is small and seems to clog easily.

Would the grease hold in the swivel easier (kinder) than EP90 as regards the swivel oil seal ?

I had heard this. It puzzles me why garages supply the one shot when most think it is not appropriate for the earlier or late swivels which were meant to have EP90. It makes sense that the grease cannot 'splash' lubricate as well as the oil i suppose. Ralph, have you noticed anything untoward by putting both in?

Nope, they seem quite happy with the grease & a small amount of oil.