How hard can it be to buy a panel?

Les Henson

Although I have 4-spare wings, I thought it would be nice to buy a couple of new ones for catflap. As some of their stuff is a bit pants, I ordered one and if it turned out to be ok, I would order the second from them.

1st one came - looked fine, cleaned primed, top-coated, and polished (just a little bit! :D )

med_gallery_2_28_508227.jpg

med_gallery_2_28_626272.jpg

Did this one while I waited for the second one to arrive (originally last Friday). Anyway, second one turned up - just after it had been squashed by some heavy-handed twerp, so another was odered, due to be here yesterday. Got a call to say it was in, so set fire to the road getting to pick it up in the vain hope that the two wings and bonnet would be painted and ready to go back on the vehicle. The replacement was second hand and the outer skin was missing. Someone had Painted it in white gloss and drilled a hole in it, then dragged it across the yard before putting it in it's box and sending it back :angry: No outer skin again. So I feel that I should specify a NEW wing, same as the one I already have, but other side of the vehicle, with the outer skin. The guy makes few calls and informs me that there will be a new, undamaged, undrilled complete wing here today. So today the phone rings :-

'Hello'

Les, this is Adam

Yes m8

Your wing is here, undamaged and bare alloy

Oh good, I can crack on and finish the panels on catflap.

Just one problem.........

What

They forgot to send the outer skin, it'll definitely be here tomorrow............................................

Ain't it great?

I'll be putting another post up for possible inclusion in the tech archive on how to replace a fuel tank outrigger on a series truck. The difference with this thread will be that there'll be no rust, bent bits, etc causing the need to replace the outrigger. It'll be shiny and new looking - that's because it bluddy is brand new!!. Fool that I am I kinda expected the fuel tank from Bearmach to have the mounting holes in the same position as the mounting holes on the outrigger from Bearmach. How I wish I had gone to school now!

med_gallery_2_28_353684.jpg

:angry: Les :angry:

The bluddy sticker is supposed to be like that, so that motorists can see the forum name in their rear-view mirror before I cog down, nail it and smoke 'em

With a one-winged LR :P

So all in all ...........

normal 'peace and serenity and general calm' at Costa-Del-Swindon then ? :P

Nige