Brick kiln Farm Temporarily closed

jules

While booking event for this year Ken has asked me to let people know that the site is closed to 4x4's due to damage and he wants to let the ground recover for a few months he will ring round when its open again.

This is not a permanent thing just a little time for the ground to recover.

Bikes are still aloud it just the wooded area which is the issue.

Interesting...I was chatting to him on his tractor today (used the site for a work 4x4 exercise :D:D ) but he didn't mention it..

It is looking "worn" to be fair and he requested to keep away from areas where the railway line comes close to sone of the flooded tracks. He may have had some "complaints" from the Watercress line... :(

Good shout I think, the site did look a little ploughed up when I was there before xmas, and the recent weather can't have helped. Especially down the bottom near the railway.

There was also a tree fallen into one of the bomb-holes, that could do with removing if it hasn't already been done.

Look forward to going there again in the future :)

its the slurry washing onto the railway line sidings which is the problem and by letting the site rejuvenate while there is so much water about. the main areas are ok which is why the bikes are still allowed its just the 4x4's going through the big flooded mud runs.

I suggested filling them in and I didn't think there would be any shortage of volunteers to help. I also suggested me being a Civil Eng I would be happy to help with any advice technically as I thought it would be the least I could do as I have been playing there for 15 odd years.