Waxoyling the bulkhead

Hi,

I've just bought a 1992 110 which is in excellent condition. It replaced my old 90 which had an extremely rusty bulkhead, which I couldn't justify spending money to replace.

I want to ensure my new one doesn't go the same way, so I'm wanting to waxoyl the inside of the bulkhead. Does anyone have any advice how to do this without removal (& tipping it upside down)?

I think I can get my cavity wax sprayer into the top corners (& door pillars) by drilling a hole in the bulkhead just underneath where the bonnet closes, does this sound right?

My last landie's bulkhead rusted between the 'air vent flaps' and the bottom of the windscreen frame seal. What could I do to get wax into the top middle bits of the bulkhead? Could I access this bit by removing the dash top & drill some holes?

Many thanks in advance.

If you have a browse around there is much info on rust prevention and Waxoyling here already.

Briefly access to the top of the bulkhead / A pillar can be gained by removing door hinge screws one at a time which will give access to a fine lance sprayer. You can also get in by removing the rubber grommets on the outside below the screen. The lower A pillars can be done by similarly removing door screws and if you look underneath the vehicle you should find you can also get access via the drain hole in the bottom of the pillar too.

...but like I say all this info is on the already on the forum.

to get waxoyl into the top areas of the bulkhead, take off the top door hinge bolts to the bulkhead & use a long lance to get in & around the front vent areas

there's not much we can do about the search function, it's part of the forum software.

there's not much we can do about the search function, it's part of the forum software.

No I know, its not a problem, Google is easy enough to use, i was just pointing the OP to Google rather than have him search on here. The old software (prior to the last upgrade)seemed to have a better search facility than now. I cant get the AND, + "" or any of the old functions to work anymore on this current version.