Heated Seats

reb78

Has anyone used these kits or something similar? -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WAECO-HEATED-SEAT-KIT-RETRO-FIT-KIT-FOR-2-SEATS_W0QQitemZ370268385846QQcategoryZ31348QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63

I have RRC manual velour seats in the front of my defender and these heaters would be a nice edition. Is it safe to add heater elements to any seat or are there some they are unsuitable for?

I used the Waeco kit in the Ibex, in Range Rover leather seats where the original elements were faulty.

They do work, though they take a while to warm up, and they don't really get hot enough to cause the seat materials any problems.

Personally I think they are more suited to Range Rovers and the like than Defenders though. If you step straight out of the office into your rangie, they will keep your backside warm. If you're working outside in the cold, and get into your truck wearing full outdoor gear, you won't feel anything at all through your outdoor clothing.

I rarely turn mine on, even at -20C, but then the Ibex is warmer than most Defenders I've tried.

Dave

• 1 month later...

Has anyone used these kits or something similar? -

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...n%3D5%26ps%3D63

I have RRC manual velour seats in the front of my defender and these heaters would be a nice edition. Is it safe to add heater elements to any seat or are there some they are unsuitable for?

Hi!

I have those in my Defenders RRC velour seats, they suit just fine, and seem to be very effective. They do take some time to heat up though! Mine had a built in thermostat which I removed. My friend has a LR garage and they have been installing those a lot and they said that those are not very effective with the thermostat, because it keeps the temperature too low for those thick RRC seat fabrics. But there are two sorts of those, and if I recall, the newer ones have the thermostat. It´s easy to take them off and join the wires together again.

So go for it!