Mud, Iron Goat or Raptor dash in Ex-MOD 110, fitting issues?

Looking to fit a dash unit from one of the above-the only problem I foresee is that the military Defenders dont have the light grey rear dash trim piece that civilian Defenders have. Dont think I can fit one of these trim pieces due to mine being a winterised model and having extra dash heater hoses in the way. This shouldnt be a problem for fitting the dash units allthough Im not sure how much of a gap or how flush it would sit due to the lack of grey trim.

Any thoughts?

The Mudstuff dash screws into the painted steel plate behind the plastic trim, so will fit a vehicle without the trim piece. I'd be very surprised if the other products needed the trim to be fitted either.

It's similar for the Raptor one, you either rivet or bolt it to the metal below the spot that holds the ashtray (best to bolt if you have an ashtray, the bolt makes a handy earth point). From memory the Iron Goat one also fixes to metal.

I can't see you haveing a problem to be honest with any of them but you may have a void where the sides of the unit want to butt up to the plastic trim (if present). You should be able to knock up something to clean that up (cut some thin black plastic to size maybe?)

I've supplied lots MUD consoles to people who were planning on fitting them to ex MoD vehicles and can catergorically state that no one has ever returned one saying 'it won't fit'. I've never tried to fit one myself into a MoD 110 or even seen any MoD MUD installs in the flesh so can't comment on the finished result.

Kev

MUD-UK

Looking to fit a dash unit from one of the above-the only problem I foresee is that the military Defenders dont have the light grey rear dash trim piece that civilian Defenders have. Dont think I can fit one of these trim pieces due to mine being a winterised model and having extra dash heater hoses in the way. This shouldnt be a problem for fitting the dash units allthough Im not sure how much of a gap or how flush it would sit due to the lack of grey trim.

Any thoughts?

I have the Iron Goat dash in my 110. You cut the grey bit of trim and the dash fits flush up to the black bit behind. Its an excellent bit of kit, would have got the MUD one but at the time they didn't come with ally plate behind (think they do now and its cheaper than the Iron Goat) which makes it more sturdy, less rattley and less likely to spit your cd player on the floor.

I can highly recommend MUD for customer service on other things of theirs I've bought.

I've goat the Iron Goat dash in mine.

It's nice enough looking but I just feel like I've been seriously ripped off after seeing products like the Raptor dash come on the market.

The Raptor one is a far better looking product and a third of the price of the Canadian dash.

Defo gonna get one for my next LR!

Ade

I fitted one of those grey plastic things to my mod 90 fitted ok witht he mod lighting panel will be interested to see pics of you mud dash fitted with the mod switch

The Mod lighting panel and switch are being removed and its going back to a civvy style light switch-no need for the military set up now, plus the military switches are becoming expensive. The axle convoy light, and inspection lamp sockets have been removed, the winterised heated screen will be via a Carling switch.

Need the space though for MP3/cd player, dual battery monitor, oil pressure, 12v power points and quite a few switches.

Probably going down the Mud dash route-the Raptor has some good features but I think its a little too big and intrusive allthough it looks better in all black.

I've supplied lots MUD consoles to people who were planning on fitting them to ex MoD vehicles and can catergorically state that no one has ever returned one saying 'it won't fit'. I've never tried to fit one myself into a MoD 110 or even seen any MoD MUD installs in the flesh so can't comment on the finished result.

Kev

MUD-UK

I am a little surprised you don't market it for the SIII as well - it fits perfectly.