Hard Top Insurance

Disty

I've been shopping round for 90 hard top insurance and suprisingly Tesco have been by far the cheapest, £600 fully comp and I'm only 22. Beats ridiculous quotes of over £1000 from other places! Tesco don't ask too many questions either so it's v easy :-)

are there any younger drivers out there with a ninety insured with mods declared at a decent price?

i have a 1997 300tdi 90 and the insurance im paying at the minute is a bit rediculous to say the least it runs out in a few months i will then be 22 and have a years no claims on the car.

if there isnt a drastic reduction from the company im with i will definately be changing

oh and its adrian flux

Footman James insured me 3rd party fire and theft for £440 last year. On my 1992 90 with some mods (bigger tyres, a-bar, snorkel etc.).

That's with no no-claims (and no ability to gain any), but they "take into account" my 4 years' NCD on my Focus. It's a classic car policy apparently, or something. Doesn't bother me, so long as it's insured :)

I'm 21 now, was 20 when that policy was taken out last June.

• 13 years later...