Roll cage

lol

Hi

i am going to fit a full external roll cage to my 90 but just wondering if any one has any tips or what i will need to do

to fit it any pics of what you have done would be great

thanks

landy

Hi,

Best bet is to do a search, lots of info in the tool and fabrication section as well as in the tech archive.

Steve

Just a minor point I'm sure, but if you intend driving it on the road afterwards, I'd check first with your insurers. They consider it a modification, and in our case were reluctant to accept it. Why I don't know, as I would have thought it made it safer for the passengers, though maybe not any third party involved. If they are willing to accept it, I'd be curious to know who you are with.

Regards

Nigel

Only piece of advise I can offer is to fit internal cross bracing as well, because when I rolled my 90 (only onto its side)some of my bars bent a little which cross bracing would have stopped.

Cant remember the brand of cage fitted to mine as it was fitted when vehicle was purchased.

Just to add a question to this.. where did you people with roll cages buy them from? I'm looking for an external/internal one like the one they always seem to fit on east coast rover.. (do you guys visit that site as much as I do? It turns up all the time when I'm searching stuff!)

When i got mine there was an option of an internal cross brace behind the bulkhead which i went for. Hopefully i wont need to use it.

I ordered mine from North Off Road it was a full external cage with an internal cross. I cant see it on the website anymore but give shaun a call and im sure he will be able to sort you out.

Just to add a question to this.. where did you people with roll cages buy them from? I'm looking for an external/internal one like the one they always seem to fit on east coast rover.. (do you guys visit that site as much as I do? It turns up all the time when I'm searching stuff!)

Apart from North Offroad, 2 other suppliers of such things are Safety Devices (www.safetydevices.com), & Protection & Performance (www.ppcages.com), sometimes also sell on ebay. Safety Devices definitely do an internal/external 110 cage, but I think maybe not to full comp spec.

Nigel

I guess the idea of an internal/external one is more to save lives than to save the body of the car- I'm not bothered about comp spec.. I've tried to find safety devices' external/internal cage and I can only find people who sell the full external cage.. time for ebay! :(

I am considering a roll cage myself for my 110, looked at both internal and external and decided on external as I can strap my roofrack to it and need the internal space!! I have looked around and found that Whitbread (http://www.whitbread...ation_wagon.php) seem to be the best value for money at them moment and there is an option to add extra bracing etc, I have just renewed my insurance and did ask at the time, I currently have a front hoop and to add a full cage would not have cost anymore.

Jason.