Vrooming straight pipe

huh.gif I successfully got the silencer off the td5 110 99 MY. I have read a lot on the forum about the side effects or better still advantages of truck shooting faster. That I am impressed with but the vrooming is deafening!! Is it normal or have I gotten a broken eardrumhuh.gifunsure.gif out of all the rattling around me ?

post-7610-126745454722_thumb.jpg

post-7610-126745472417_thumb.jpg

Without any boxes the TD5 is a bit on the loud side.

. Swapping the middle box for a straight through pipe is a bit less volume and going to be a lot more tollerable on the motorway.

Oh my!! That was noisey!!!!!!blink.gifblink.gif I have removed the senter pipe and the noise is as Les says bearable. The whistling makes the engine sound smooth. I think I can survive this change.!!dry.gif

Is there supposed to be fitted gaskets when replacing the middle silencer with a straight pipe?

I'm currently battling the three rear screws with rust remover, and don't feel for more suprises when those finally come loose :P

I'm currently battling the three rear screws with rust remover, and don't feel for more suprises when those finally come loose :P

I ended up using nut splitters (reasonably priced at Screwfix) when I replaced my mid box with a plain pipe over a year ago now.

Hi

I took my mid box out last week Defender Td5 110 2000 no cat in the down pipe

The 2 nuts on the down pipe came undone no probs, back pipe i had to use the disc cutter to get them off

My front pipe had a cone type gasket and the rear had a copper gasket.I put them both back with some paste seems ok.

It did not sound that much differant apart from hearing the turbo spinning a lot more.

Cheers David