Which air impact wrench ?

zim

Evening,

I'm looking at getting a new impact wrench. I've currently got an older ingersol rand, but would like a newer stronger one.

After a 1/2" (i've got a 3/4" and 1" - but they're too heavy for normal use).

What would people suggest ? On paper the Ingersol Rand 2135 looks pretty impressive :)

Cheers

Gordon

IMHO the snap on guns dont compare, I have the 3/8 version of the magnesium snap on one recommended above and its awful; loud, heavy and expensive. I have the Ingersoll Rand 2135QTI recommended in this thread and its faultless; smooth, quiet, powerfull and light, it will be plenty man enough for land rover work. Mine can manage truck wheel nuts with the compressor at 160psi, in fact it has cuased several 32 and 33mm sockets to be replaced by snap on under warranty.

There is a new version of the 2135QTI now available, a colleage has one (warranty replacement for his 2135) and its slightly better in all respects, this new model may cause a price drop on the presumably discontinued 2135 so shop around. There are some good second user examples on ebay

HTH

You can't compare a snap on gun to an ingersoll rand. Even the dealer says ingersoll rand are the best on the market :);)

I wonder how much stuff Snap On would be selling if it were not for the revolving credit. The quality has certainly dropped on so much of their stuff over the last 10-15 years. Used to be that Blue Point was the budget range and the Snap On was a cut above, these days you'd be hard pressed to tell

*recently bought the Snap on 3/8 gun on offer

**with no great expectations from it

IMHO the snap on guns dont compare, I have the 3/8 version of the magnesium snap on one recommended above and its awful; loud, heavy and expensive. I have the Ingersoll Rand 2135QTI recommended in this thread and its faultless; smooth, quiet, powerfull and light, it will be plenty man enough for land rover work. Mine can manage truck wheel nuts with the compressor at 160psi, in fact it has cuased several 32 and 33mm sockets to be replaced by snap on under warranty.

There is a new version of the 2135QTI now available, a colleage has one (warranty replacement for his 2135) and its slightly better in all respects, this new model may cause a price drop on the presumably discontinued 2135 so shop around. There are some good second user examples on ebay

HTH

100% agree with that

use to work in a landrover/rover main dealer and i had the above gun every one else has snap on ones and mine was the only one that could undo honda crank pully bolts unaided

snap on guns = poo im afraid (heavy/noisy/and no where near there rated output)

rob

• 2 weeks later...

Aldi are doing the compressor and air tools promotion around my way, [south Wales]good selection of air tools on offer, a workmate bought some tools and a compressor last time this promotion was on and is happy with all of it

put plenty oil in the aldi rattle gun. they're pretty stiff and ineffective when new, but once they've loosened up, they're pretty good. i'm sure an IR of CP gun is a lot better, but for smaller sized stuff and wheel nuts, its £13 well spent.