Brake Caliper rebuild finished!!

After spending a couple of weeks of dinner times and brew times the rebuild of my brake calipers for my 110 is complete! I know they are only brake calipers but I got quite a bit of satisfaction in completing them myself.

The brake caliper rebuild technical archived by Les was great to follow...also thanks Les for the tips along the way :) .

The calipers had been stood for 5 years and looked like they were fit for the scrapheap..... Use of works gritblaster was just the treat and after new SS pistons, seals, pads and brake caliper paint they are transformed see pics below.

Hopefully the 110 will be ready for MOT before too long and I will post a picture!!

Thanks chaps for the advice on bleeding the brake system which I plan to do tomorrow.

post-19857-126773017463_thumb.jpg

post-19857-126773024606_thumb.jpg

Lovely jubbly!

Les' posts are really something else aren't they? Last year I rebuilt a set of axles referring to various posts in the tech archives and found absolutely no problems whatsoever. I just kept my laptop handy and referred to the pics from time to time.

Nice job Dom. I just had to rebuild the rear callipers on my 110, a 2004 model. What year is yours, the rear callipers look the same but I think the fronts are different. I was not able to find stainless pistons for my rear callipers. :( Since I do not have access to a grit blaster, or the patience to do them by hand, mine still look horrid - but are all nice on the inside!

Chris

Thanks for the positive feedback guys :)

I have had a day off work today and have been working on the 110.

Fitted the calipers, one of the mechanics where my 110 is stored showed me how to flare and bend new brake pipes so I cracked on and made up pipes for the other 3 wheels and they are now all fitted.

Not quite finshed bleeding the brakes yet. Its sat on axle stands at the moment and hopefully I will finish off tomorrow morning......then onto the next job......and the next!!

Chris

Mine is an old A reg 110, but with the upgrades I have done so far its starting to look much newer. The rear axle is off a newer vehicle, I bought it last year to replace the old drum braked axle.

I bought my parts including SS pistons from shop4autoparts.net, Steve there is very knowledgable and very helpful.

Cheers Dom

If it was me... I would go ultra-tart... and just lacquer them! biggrin.gif

Now if you were going to be a tart you should paint them read and write BREMBO on the sides!!!