rangerover alloys will they fit

dirk

hi i have a set of range rover alloys 1988 3 spoke will they be ok on my 127 they go on but the half shaft sticks out of the center of the alloy a bit , 5mm ish , can i space the alloy off and will the rims be ok with the weight thanks in advance

hull , yorkshire

wrong forum i know i can,t change it

hi i have a set of range rover alloys 1988 3 spoke will they be ok on my 127 they go on but the half shaft sticks out of the center of the alloy a bit , 5mm ish , can i space the alloy off and will the rims be ok with the weight thanks in advance

hull , yorkshire

wrong forum i know i can,t change it

Its a shame your so far up north

I have a full set of LSE shafts and CV's that would mean you could run Alloy's

MMM they will not fit a 127

The hub end caps are too big on most early ones

The wheel will not sit correctly

I don't know about the Sal back axle

I don't know the specific weight figure for the alloys but I understand that the only alloys even rated for a 110 (3050kg GVW) are the Boost and Deep Dish type, apparently none of the others are, and I don't even know if the above two types will be any good for a 127/130, the GVW of a 130 is 3500kg so I assume a 127 will be the same, since it is the same vehicle with a different badge :)

The big problem on 130s is that wheels and tyres need to be rated to the max rear axle weight, so the choice of tyres is fairly restricted too, most normal road tyres (and a great many MT's) are only rated to 1000-1050kg maximum load, and the rear axle limit on a 130 is 2200kg, so you need a tyre that is 1100kg minimum, and a wheel rim to match that. That is why 130s come with different tyres on (usually Michelin XZL's here) instead of Rangemasters or the Michelin XPC's found on new 110s now. One that does meet the spec is the 7.50x16 General Super All Grip, though they are noisy buggers being knobbly crossplys!

In practice of course, since you rarely if ever run a 130 with ton of stuff in the back box, most wheel rims and tyres will be perfectly OK, but you can bet an insurer would use it as an excuse to wash their hands of a claim if it came to the crunch....

LR don't spec any alloys for 127/130 models these always wear HD steel or the XD/Wolf steel wheels.

I thought the 127/130 rims had a different (more?) backspacing to the 110?

So that you could get the helm over further to dock them without a harbour

pilot and tug, maybe the 2007 defender 130 will have bow thrusters? :ph34r:

ttfn

Matthew