which gps aerial/receiver ?

garymorris

The sirf 3 chipset and the ruggedness look really good. The warm start time isn't as good as many, some quote 20 seconds.

I find bluetooth more convenient to reduce the onboard spaghetti but a matter of choice really.

Agreed on the Bluetooth front... you can then use it with other devices that don't support USB (like PDAs). I use this TomTom one, works 99% of the time, but can be slow to sync.

ok thanks for your replies ;)

I use that exact one and I've never had any problems. Sits on top of the dash in the Defender at the bottom of the windscreen and always get a good signal.

Another vote for the on in the link. I've had no problems with my one.

Have just ordered the usb globalsat and see how i get on with it :ph34r:

Gary

Agreed on the Bluetooth front... you can then use it with other devices that don't support USB (like PDAs). I use this TomTom one, works 99% of the time, but can be slow to sync.

I have this one too .. works on PDA, Laptop, phone, indeed anything with Bluetooth .. mine starts quickly enough .. the area we live in doesn't 'see' satellites easily at all, we have to drive out of the village before anything works well, but this one even works in the house on the desktop (sadly, I tried it) ;)

I have this one as well which is fantastic. I have also been able to set it to override the normal random USB com port allocation so everytime I plug it in it uses the same Com Port which means that all the settings in MemoryMap are justright :)

Cheers

Ryck

Guest MRPLEBBY

I have a kenwood which has a 7inch touch fold out screen with a kna g520 satnav box with another plugin module which receives signals through radio for the traffic reports.