Impact wrench.

I'd say go for an ingersoll rand over a bluepoint one anytime!

Even snap-on air tools aint that great.

Jon

Ditto...

i asked the same question a while ago, and stuck with my IR stuff :)

G

I have a Rolson 24V one that I got from Maplin.

Has worked well when I've tried to use it so far on some small nuts, not tried it on anything big yet. But quality seems to be ok. Not expecting it to blow me away as it's at the cheaper end of the market.

yipee i won it £111 inc postage, been trying to find out how much they are retail but couldn't find out, but this is the first of my air tools i need for my garage, just need to get some good oil for it now and look after it.

graham

03 d2 td5 auto e.s.

Kingdong2 - What cfm + air capacity is your compressor / air system?

a 1/2" drive gun will use a lot of air

Will need 3/8" bore hose otherwise the gun will most likely not get enough air through the hose even if compressor is man enough

James

Hi james

the comp holds 60lts can't remember the hose size but its oxy ecetlin hose if that helps, and im not sure if the comp is really compatable enough but if need be i will go for a bigger one later.

graham

03 d2 td5 auto e.s.

impact wrench came today looks really nice just need to get my compressor out now and try it, one question, what is the best way to oil it.

1 drop a couple of drops of oil into the handle of the wrench through the airline fitting.

2 buy one of those oiler things that fits one to the wrench / airline.

graham

03 d2 td5 auto e.s.

a bit of oil into the end of the air connector will be ok, press the trigger in so it goes inside :)

there will also be another plug / grub screw on the gun that you can take out to oil the gears inside the gun. these are seperate from the air chamber that you've oiled in the first instance.

our automatic oilers tend to get forgotten about and then bugger up after a while :huh:

hth

Gordon