Grrrrr - A Weekends worth of Fabrication....

Dong - sorry generic for rubber piping <_< I wondered why Andys eyes lit up......

Ive used airbox piping from trucks as snorkel tops, its easy to find one with a curl that wraps over the top of the roll cage and the seem totally tree proof, I'll dig a pic out for ya tonight if you want?

If he's like me it takes ages to come up with the design/drawings deciding what and seeing how to do it etc actual cutting tacking and welding is not that long................. thats what its like for me anyway

Nah it was all the time he spent on the CAD CAM machine and doing finite stress analyses to predict what will happen when you smite it on an oak tree :rolleyes:

jules3_2.jpg

This is the racers 80mm snorkel.

(The end I took off for most of the season)

untitled.jpg

This is the only photo from the rear but you can only just see the to as it has a air intake in the roof with a sand sheld sticking up.

Perhaps he bought some 80mm bar instead of tube and was too embarrassed to take it back for the right stuff. He spent all that time drilling a hole through it! :D

Mind you - judging by the angle of the joint closest to the vent flap, he tried to do the job while hanging from the rafters. :P

Les. :)