New Defender security

Hi,

I've read somewhere about a spate of Defender thefts. What's the cheapest way to dramatically improve security? I'm looking at improving the security of the rear door as well.

Any ideas, manufacturers, links, examples etc?

Thanks in advance,

John

this is one link that shows a novel way to protect your investment, http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/frame_start.jsp?id=MSR_LAND_CRUISER

I'm told that the keys are vehicle specific and that you can't just unbolt the doors? Alternatively you could keep a record of your axle serial numbers to check against the forum database if the worst does happen and maybe buy the same ones back at Sodbury?

Tracker VHF/SAT/GSM. Peddle Cover. Disklok. Battery Isolator. Grills on all windows. Additional door locks.

Then they just come with a flat-back and pick it up.

Cheapest and hardest to bypass for the price...Disklok...closely followed by the peddle cover IMHO.

Don't make it stand out more than the next one (i.e. no bling), battery isolator, Snap-Off steering-wheel adaptor, Clutch Claw and as of this weekend a pair of Centinal C1 security posts.

My nosey neighbore is 86 and former dads army member (good old boy) if a cat farts outside he is up at the window :rolleyes:

But he is a good deterent to would-be pikeys as well as the heavy duty lorry wheel clamp and wheel to pedal imobiliser.

Ask the neighbores to keep an eye out for a start.

But its as been said if they pull up with a flat bed and a hiab or similar you have got no chance.

about eight in two hundred yards of me, no real problems but all fitted with disklocks and those with rear wheels on door mother of motorbike lock threaded thru wheel. Personally my rear wheel wont loosen the nuts even with a six foot bar extension so good luck as i need to get the thing off for my new wheels. Won't stop them taking the door off, but a laugh as last bolt gives and the door takes the toe rag out. Also only one with stereo fitted but face off unit. where i live it's spotty kids so reckon their Nofriendo DS tuned bodies would snap using the clutch.

unless it's worth shed loads my feeling is there is always someone else who's done the same work, probably better, as i have and the price will be what i paid for mine anyway. sorry if you love yours but don't get too stressed about losing it

As they all say "it's no point being paranoid they'll get you in the end"

unsure.gif I am thinking the safest method will be to get the type of trap used in certain jungles where the jugged metal teeth just snaps and chews deep into the leg of the culprit.mad.gif

You'd probably get put in Jail for

1)causing physical harm

2)causing mental stress

3)causing mental stress to said "pikeys" family/dog/cat/bestest mate.

4)intention to remove ones leg of said pikey

Make sure you leave some water and a banana next to the trap - you don't want to get done for attempted murder.