Fleebay - does this add up...?

Maverik

One of the weirdnesses:

The chassis has been replaced and waxoyled and is totally solid without any repairs or even rust
but:
At the rear the rear cross member is "as new" and has been repainted in enamel black

He does say the engine has only done 32k miles, but otherwise it seems OK (the seats are about par for 32k miles). I am the 8th owner of a 1988 machine, but that's got 140k on it ...

The biggest hmmmm for me is

The bulkhead has been extensively repaired in the usual places below the windscreen corners with a combination of super strong fibre glass resin and filler

Bulkheads aren't structural next to the windscreen mounts then?

Well the description is the usual eBay delusional fantasy that a lick of paint and some sticky tape counts as a full and thorough restoration, however the price doesn't seem too bad for what it really is. Mileage is kinda irrelevant on this sort of thing.

I'd say it looks pretty good - certainly better than most of the scabby trucks that turn up on eBay of that kind of age.

H,J,K & L reg were pretty bad for bulkhead corrosion so my main concern with it would be how well that has been treated / fixed.

Si