help me find it

im looking for a 90 pick up to take off rd , it needs to have an mot but other than that i will pretty much look, consider anything thats sound . the trouble is i cant seem to find any thing . have you lot got any ideas where i should be looking

In the back pages of any/all the LR mags would be a good place to start or Ebay,local papers,Auto Trader, work out exactly what you want, how much you want/have to spend & stick to it.

i rang a few today from the mags & ebay but they all seem to sold before i get there or there in scotland ( lm a berkshire gal) i would pay up to 5k for a good one but like i said i would look at one that needs a new engine as im thinking of putting a v8 in it. ideally id like one that pretty much got all the goodies allready there just needs a few finishing touches.

what i was really hoping was there would be some one on here who might know of one for sale

Trade in the mags and autotrader is pretty fast, you need to monitor them and keep up with what's going on.

Luke

your telling me they move fast i cant even get to look at one :blink: its not like i dont have the money my over all budget is 10k thats for the landy & the bits i need to make it a proper off rder. i just cant find what im looking for do you think im being unrealistic with the budget i have ? 5k for a sound landy ( i want a pick up) & 5k for all the extras ,seems right to me . what do you fellas think ?

sounds like a big budget to me... personally i'd spend a bit more on the base vehicle and a bit less on the goodies.... unless you are trying to be seriously competitive on the challenge scene then you don't realy need to spend £5k on extras.... :)

£2k will get you suspension, tyres, winch and steering protection... plus a whole lot more.

i'd be looking to spend maybe £7.5k on a newer base vehicle. :)

there are loads around, i'd only buy private as i dont need to pay a dealer upwards of £1k to put it through an MOT and paint the tyres black.

if you are happy buying from a dealer, try one of the specials like devon 4x4, they sell good quality off-road preped motors from time to time. :)

Oh, and don't go near Scorpion Racing.... you have been warned. :);)

i dont really want to compete big style just have some fun. so thinking about maybe your right about the spending more on the pick up

Oh, and don't go near Scorpion Racing.... you have been warned. :);)

whats wrong with them :unsure: over priced, dodgy dealings , rippoff marchants??????

all off the above

i'm sure someone else will be along in a minute who will tell you all about scorpion racing and their non-existant customer service, rude sales staff, overpriced goods and total lack of business ethics, so you don't think its just me having a problem with them....... :angry:

anyway, back to your impending landy purchase.

don't get too hung-up on looking for a truck cab... most truck cabs have been purchased to use as work vehicles, and many have lead a hard, abused life.... whereas many station wagons, and even some hardtops will have been purchased as leisure or family vehicles.... it only takes a few hours and costs a hundred quid or so to convert a hardtop or CSW into a truck cab....

so personally i'd buy a nice, family owned CSW and then, if i realy wanted a truck cab, swap the panels over... that way you've got a nice, straight base vehicle. :)

you'll find a nice Tdi CSW for 7.5k.... there are some very silly prices in the landrover mags, and some sensible prices in autotrader.... ;)

only buy one with some sort of service history, with bills to show what sort of work has been done.

take someone who knows landrovers with you, as there are a few dodgy ones out there... :)

don't get too hung-up on looking for a truck cab... most truck cabs have been purchased to use as work vehicles, and many have lead a hard, abused life.... whereas many station wagons, and even some hardtops will have been purchased as leisure or family vehicles.... it only takes a few hours and costs a hundred quid or so to convert a hardtop or CSW into a truck cab....

so personally i'd buy a nice, family owned CSW and then, if i realy wanted a truck cab, swap the panels over... that way you've got a nice, straight base vehicle. :)

thanks for that, its really good advise. i suppose the same thing would apply to the soft tops as iv seen a few, but thought they would be bl**dy frezzing in the winter. even my xs takes forever to warm up. i dont mind wearing a few layers to keep warm, but i want to be able to turn the stearing wheel

Surprisingly The soft tops can be warmer in winter than hard tops - mainly cos the canvas is a better insulator than aluminium. This is on course assuming your softtop fits and dosn't flap around in the breeze or need the back rolled up just to see out of!

Mark

If you find anything siutable, shout up here and I'm sure someone local will come and have a look at it if you're unsure of what to look for. I'd be glad to help if it's in South Oxfordshire.

If you find anything siutable, shout up here and I'm sure someone local will come and have a look at it if you're unsure of what to look for. I'd be glad to help if it's in South Oxfordshire.

thanks for that i'll let you know if im round your way

i might take a look at that . every one seems to be putting them on ebay . :glare: i hate ebay you see what your looking for you wait 10 bl**dy days for it to end & then somebody comes in & bids way over the odds for it. dont any body just set a price a sell there bl**dy cars anymore . ok rant over.

if i see something on ebay that i realy want, i just email the seller and ask if they would stop the auction if they were offered the right price...

bought some seats for my disco at the weekend using that technique...

Guest diesel_jim

In about 6 months i should have my 1992 90 rebuild finished and up for sale.

It's going to be a truck cab, in red, HD suspension, military rear roll bar and 300Tdi/R380 with disc brake back axle. B)

In about 6 months i should have my 1992 90 rebuild finished and up for sale.

It's going to be a truck cab, in red, HD suspension, military rear roll bar and 300Tdi/R380 with disc brake back axle. B)

at this rate i may still be looking for one in six months time . iv tryed emailing sellers but most want to let there auction run so im left waiting around . as you can proberley tell patience is not a virtue i have .

That pi55es me off with ebay as well. If I've gone and bust something I want a replacement now, not having to wait 10 days only to find I've then been outbid in the last 30secs and have to go to the back of the queue again.

I guess for the psychics its great you can buy in replacements months in advance at knock down prices but doesn't work for me.

That pi55es me off with ebay as well. If I've gone and bust something I want a replacement now, not having to wait 10 days only to find I've then been outbid in the last 30secs and have to go to the back of the queue again.

I guess for the psychics its great you can buy in replacements months in advance at knock down prices but doesn't work for me.

while im having a moan why is it every thing i see that may have some promise is in scotland!

hay LR90 why dont you sell me your nice little yellow pick up .as your in hampshire & im in berkshire i wouldnt have to drive to far to get it either :D

• 2 weeks later...
This is from another forum and its not a truck cab but it is well repaired

http://forums.mud-club.com/viewtopic.php?t=24863

cheers for that but iv bought 1 now. i'll post up some info & pics when i get round to taking some . thanks for all the replys though . all i need now is some advice on where to take it for some green laning to get me started :D