OT: Burning a DVD

Ben Jordan

Hello all,

I need a couple of clips burning onto a DVD for a presentation i have to do at work. I do not have a DVD burner and the people i know that do, have not yet been able to successfully burn a DVD that will play in a standard DVD player. The total time for both these clips is about 2 minutes.

Is there anybody out there that can help with this problem?

Hi.

You can use Nero Vision Express to burn those clips on to Dvd Disk. Tried it and it works on standard PS2 and couple of multi region dvd players. I see you in kiddie? Greg.

Why not just burn them to a rewriteable cd ? Aweful waste of a DVD for two small clips.

I did not think rewritable will play on all dvd players, plus I had a slightly scratched disc so I give it a go and luckly it recorded and played back no probs. Greg

According to the local Computer Shoppe, DVD-R are more compatible with cheapo players and DVD+R with the expensive ones.

I use DVD-R with no problems, use Nero Express to burn stuff. People have a point though - most DVD players will play a VCD, and although the quality's not DVD neither is the quality of your original clips so it won't notice.