Megasquirting a Lexus 1uz-fe VVT V8

Why not just run it on the original ECU?

Lexus didnt spend millions developing it for nothing, and the maps on there will be a lot better than what you'll ever manage to achieve from megasquirt, even with hours of rolling road time.

Presumably the original ECU is as per most modern ECU's - a million wires, tied into the other electrical systems and with a security system link or built-in to make life hard. Not to mention a relatively closed system and not really lending itself to either survivability, repair, or tinkering.

I'm not saying the ECU sucks, far from it, you're right that Lexus will have done a better job than you can in your shed with MS. But they don't bring their cars to challenge events.

Able to, probably. Have the time for it - no, sorry. Which bit is stopping you doing it yourself?

Rhys, There's a guy over on LRO forum who stuck one of these in a RRC, apparently using the stock ECU it was just a couple of wires to get it going....

I personally wouldn't bother with MS for this, as it's a stock engine.

In fact, here's the link: http://www.lro.com/f...der=asc&start=0

If you hate wiring, then you won't like doing a MS install :ph34r:

*edit* Lotsa stuff here: http://www.lextreme.com/misc.html

The vintage of these engines is much before Crazy-Looms that you find in new cars today.

Even when they have immobilisers, its usually a case of collecting the transponder and 3 or 4 wires and joining them up to the ECU harness.

I'd bet you wouldnt need much more than 10 wires to get the motor running, and thats including things like tacho and coolant temp outputs.

The guy thats linked above should be your first port of call, perhaps he can summarise the wires required for you!

Rhys, There's a guy over on LRO forum who stuck one of these in a RRC, apparently using the stock ECU it was just a couple of wires to get it going....

I personally wouldn't bother with MS for this, as it's a stock engine.

In fact, here's the link: http://www.lro.com/f...der=asc&start=0

If you hate wiring, then you won't like doing a MS install   :ph34r:

*edit* Lotsa stuff here: http://www.lextreme.com/misc.html 

Thanks very much for the info. I will try and get in contact with him over the weekend and see what happens. As the engine is going into a racer then the wiring can be minimal.

The vintage of these engines is much before Crazy-Looms that you find in new cars today.

Even when they have immobilisers, its usually a case of collecting the transponder and 3 or 4 wires and joining them up to the ECU harness.

I'd bet you wouldnt need much more than 10 wires to get the motor running, and thats including things like tacho and coolant temp outputs.

The guy thats linked above should be your first port of call, perhaps he can summarise the wires required for you!

The only thing is that I want to run the later 1uzfe engine, (1997 to 2000) as they have the variable valve timing and an extra 30bhp or so. Not sure if this engine is more of a pain as most people fit the pre vvt motor as it is more readily available and maybe simpler???