Rockslider project

rawsondsr

anyone got any pictures so i can compare 100x50 and 80x40?

Have found this place - Austen Knapman

Any other recommendations?

I've used Parker Steel before, they're based in Canterbury and they hold stock of all standard sections.

You have to buy a full length (usually 7.5m), but they will cut it to length for you and their delivery charge is quite reasonable.

You have to register to be able to see prices, but once registered you can order online, including specifying cuts, finishes, etc...

I've done a couple of screen-caps from their website, first one shows RHS available, second one shows prices for the size/thickness suitable for rock sliders -

post-148-128146913331_thumb.jpg . post-148-128146912893_thumb.jpg

You're not far from me aren't you? (I'm in Horton Kirby)

Have you tried the Corus Steel Distribution Centre at Farningham Road Railway Station?

I don't know if they'll deal directly with the public, but they're local - it's worth asking.

Another thing - is your 110 a Station Wagon or a Hardtop/Truck Cab?

The reason I ask is because most Rock Sliders are made for Station Wagons and they mount in three places -

Bulkhead - Outrigger - Body Crossmember

post-148-128146969478_thumb.jpg

Hardtops/Truck Cabs dont have the rear-most crossmember, so you have to make up a crossmember to mount across the chassis to provide a rear mounting.

I've got a set of Mantec Sliders for my Hardtop, but I've got Jerrycan Lockers in the side, which means modifying the sliders by notching them or spacing them down to miss the bottoms of the Jerrycan Doors.

The Jerrycan Lockers sit on a crossmember that mounts in the same place as the Station Wagon crossmember, but it's different, so the Mantec Sliders won't fit directly to it - more modifying :(

I haven't got around to fitting them yet and, with the amount of modification required, I'm considering making my own from scratch.

Parker steel are a rip off for DIY buyers. I use their website as a start, it's great for looking up sizes etc, but the local family steel stockholder regularly beat them by 20-30%.

There's not a huge choice in the South East :(

There are a few Steel places around that I know of, but they only do Building Steel - RSJs, I Beams, Columns, etc...