Boost Gauge Fitting

Hi All,

I have a full width intercooler for the 300tdi (not fitted yet), anyway i want to fit a boost gauge so questions are:-

1, Which type/make etc

2, Installation tips, piccies would be nice (bit thick here)

3, How easy is it to make it all work or do i need an adult?

Regards

Keith

I plumbed mine into the pipe going to the injection pump. Will this give a different reading to the way they are plumbed in in the link above (i.e. on the short pipe to the wastegate actuator)?

Not by any relevant amount, no. It will read slightly slower, but you'll be hard pressed to tell.

I plumbed mine into the pipe going to the injection pump. Will this give a different reading to the way they are plumbed in in the link above (i.e. on the short pipe to the wastegate actuator)?

There shouldn't be any pressure drop in the injection pump pipwork compared to the rest of the control pipework, as there shouldn't be any flow, at least not continuous flow. If there is, the diaphragm is leaking and should be replaced.