Is this yours or your mates stolen 90?

Kev Baldwin

stolenLR.jpg

It isn't mine but you or someone else may know the vehicle

Email received today.

"Hello

The attached Land Rover is on false plates and was last seen at 19.15 on 12.8.10 travelling north on the M6 past Corley. The vehicle is believed to be stolen and has travelled from the M69 to the M6. That vehicle was in convoy with a silver Rover N383YOV."

Thanks Kev - I suddenly realise how difficult a copper's life can be, and how we can help by adding 'personalisation', stickers etc to ID a vehicle.

I was talking to someone last week who said vehicles covered in stickers were hardly ever stolen - in response to his request for an excessive (I thought) number of X-Eng stickers.

I've never been that big on stickers myself - but this has made me re-think a bit - and stuck a couple more on my 110!

Si

Fortunately, or unfortunately, my stickerless 90 would be recognisable by the dents that I seem to have on virtually every panel and the broken snorkel ;) ;)

(Not trying to boast, as it's only seen gentle green lanes in the last 18 months)

I will check at work when i get back in after lunch but i recognize the plate thats on the landy as a fiesta we sold and now service. Leicester area. so M69 isn't far. We have had a spate of thefts from farms the last month.

I will check at work when i get back in after lunch but i recognize the plate thats on the landy as a fiesta we sold and now service. Leicester area. so M69 isn't far. We have had a spate of thefts from farms the last month.

I can supply contact details of investigating officer at Northants Police if you wish.

Kev

I was talking to someone last week who said vehicles covered in stickers were hardly ever stolen -

What about the cave rescue 110 :lol::lol: That had plenty of stickers yet it still went walkies.

Your right though, anything to make a vehicle and it's parts more identifiable may help. though it's usually a lot cause :(

I have sent you PM Kev, the plates definately belong to one of our customers cars, i knew i recognised it. We register/ed 90% of 'FP' plates. I reckon thats a Sturgess sticker in the bottom corner of the drivers side screen too. Nicked from Leicester i'll bet.