New ratchet straps needed

ThreeSheds

About ten years ago I bought some ratchet straps and the last of them has finally given up the ghost so I am looking for replacements. My local motor factor has some, but the smaller ones seem to be only labelled as 350Kg or 500Kg and I think that my old ones (which are only about 30mm across, but a much thicker weave) were around 1000Kg or more.. So I am looking for recommendations - must be:

• Reasonably small (30mm to 40mm) .
  • Reasonably strong.
  • Reasonably priced.

Thanks

Roger

Wickes building supplies is the place I get mine. I use 6m orange ones with a load rating of just over 2000kg. They cost £18 each and are well worth it. Mine see daily hard use holding around 25 colapsed milk trollies each (the kind you take your milk off in the super market) to the insides of my trailer at work. The weak point on all straps is where the strap is attatched to the hook, I found a knot on a knot website that is even more secure than the straps original design and has save me a lot of money in further strap purchases, maybe worth a thought.

Another vote for Damar - http://www.slingsandstraps.co.uk/

Ecellent service, will make exactly what you want at no extra cost. The only criticism I have is their carriage charge is high if you are only ordering one or two straps. Didn't stop me buying from them though and I would use them again.

Have yo tried Damar. They have been at the shows I've visited. They made some to size for me last year

www.damarslings.co.uk

HTH

I have some of theirs and they are excellent, and a good price.

Also try your local TRP Truck & Trailer Parts. They do a very good "thumb" strap in store for £8 ish.