R380 gearbox info needed

Ben Jordan

I need a new oil drain plug and washer for my Wolf. Im 99% sure it is a R380 gearbox. I went to APB today and asked for that got home and the plug is about 4 times too big for the hole. The part number of the one they gave me was FRC6145. Can anybody give me the correct part numbers? What oils should i put in the gearbox and how much does it take?

Thanks Ben.

FRC6145 = Plug & Magnet assembly, fits below & rear of the T55 torx recessed fill/level plug on the gearbox lefthand side.

Seal ring for above = FTC4112

for oil use standard Red ATF or MTF94, Capacity = 2.9litres [no oil cooler] or 3.4litres [with oil cooler fitted]

note -- if it's a R380 box the reverse is below 5th, if it's a LT77 orLT77S then reverse is alongside [left of] 1st. :i-m_so_happy:

Edited by western

Reverse is below 5th so it is a R380. Have i been given the fill plug then? What is the part number for the correct drain plug and washer? Are the R380's a pain to fill?

Western, Well remembered about the oil cooler.

are there not two drain plugs? that one on the side then another one on the bottom that has a wire mesh behind it?

the above plug should fit the side hole that is drain not the torex level one as Ralph highlighted. def an R380 in your wagon.

Reverse is below 5th so it is a R380. Have i been given the fill plug then? What is the part number for the correct drain plug and washer? Are the R380's a pain to fill?

Western, Well remembered about the oil cooler.

Definitly a R380,You have been given the drain plug, the part numbers as above straight from my EPC & paper parts cats. it fits as I've described above, the fill/level is the T55 torx driven plug, no more of a pain to fill than any other gearbox, :i-m_so_happy:

This is what i am missing

SNAP!!!

We lost the same part on our Wolf, I haven't got the part number to hand, but if I manage to contact Dan, he will be able to tell me.

It wasn't a particularly big deal to top up the oils, having replaced the bolt.

Nick

This is what i am missing

liftpump001-1.jpg

and this is what i was given with that part number. It is about four times too big.

liftpump002.jpg

With reference to the top picture If that's on the bottom face, it looks like the clutch housing wading plug hole, it has ERC7295 to close it off before deep wading, for normal driving leave it open -- to allow any oil/fluid to drain out.

you should have another hole with same thread/diameter on the bottom face of the engines timing case. get 2 x ERC7295 to fit.

Western, I cannot see much in that pic. That is the underside of the gearbox. I saw the hole and oil and assumed that the plug had dropped out and spilt oil everywhere. If it is a wading plug then it looks like oil from the sump gasket has found its way back there.

It isn't that clear in the photo what angle it is taken from but assuming the hole is the one in the bottom of the bellhousing then yes its a drain hole for bellhousing. if you have oil coming out you need to fix the source of the leak rather than plugging the hole and filling up the bell housing :)

It could just be the sump leaking as you say, it does make a hell of a mess. Easier to fix than gearbox out too :)

:i-m_so_happy:

Western, I cannot see much in that pic. That is the underside of the gearbox. I saw the hole and oil and assumed that the plug had dropped out and spilt oil everywhere. If it is a wading plug then it looks like oil from the sump gasket has found its way back there.

My pic is taken directly underneath the gearbox/engine joint, :D the hole is my clutch housing wading plug hole, the back of the engine sump is to the left with the bell housing to the right.

you need to get 2 of the wading plugs as mentioned above, clean off all the oil & run the engine then look underneath to see where it's leaking from, then cure the leak.

as above thats the where the wading plug goes. (did you not get two in the tool roll with the vehicle?)

if your not going to wade the vehicle you dont need the plugs/bolts to go in here.

your bottom picutre is the oil drain plug for the g box.

is it leaking ATF or engine oil? most likely guess is as Jims, knackered rear crank seal.

i am guessing the clutch is slipping/smelling and the engine oil level has dropped?