Insa Turbo Special Track?

Anyone, running on these? They seem to be a good price for a "Simex" copy, but they only do small sizes. I have been told the 235/85's Diameter is @ 33" 1/2? Not exactly a 235/85R16 but...

Anyway, i committed myself to a set........lets see what happens?

InsaTurboSpecialTrack.jpg

If anyone is interested, i will have 4 worn 235/75 Grizzlies up for grabs and a spanking new one as a spare up for offers....When i put these on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just wondering if i may ask a couple of questions, I have been looking at the same insa turbo tyres as you have bought and where wondering how your getting on with them? And why you changed from grizzly

Claws. I am looking for some decent tyres for my hybrid not sure which to buy any advise you have would be much appreciated

Regards Jon

:)

LRE did a test on these this month.

They seemed just as good as the simex on my 90, but not sure how good the compound is with regard to life expectancy. For example the silverstone version is good but apparently wears out faster as it is a softer compound which allows the tyre to flex more.

Richard

Put them on and happy with them at present, at £68 per corner and at a size that can go on a standard hieght 90. I had nothing to lose (fingers crossed) The Grizzlies were good and i would use them again, but the Insa's are a Simex ET rip-off so i couldnt resist :D

65NG4494.jpg

Hi marc hope you don’t mind me chirping up but if my calculations are

Correct then I reckon both tyres would be exactly the same height that’s assuming

the insa`s are 33.5 tall of course

Have you any thoughts on what these would be like on road as i only have enough cash for one set

of wheels & tyres ! B)

235/85R16 = 806mm tall Insa measure 813mm tall (32")

255/85R16 = 840mm tall (33")

For a retread the set i have are right on size, i had been told to expect them to be quite a bit over! But all o.k :)

They handle pretty well on road, sound like a tank though. Off Road, they out performed the Grizzlies i had before, but the Grizzlies were 235/70R16's So the extra clearance may account to that?

Im happy with them, and they have the tread pattern of a well established tyre.... Simex of course :)

The compound may be a little to soft for lots of miles on road though? Time will tell, dont expect "BF Goodies" miles out of a set!

Has anybody got actual measurements of the 265/75R16 version? I.e. height of the tyre, and the width of the tread from the outside of the lugs on one side to the outside of the lugs on the other?

If they are "quite a bit bigger than they should be" in the 265 size it could be close enough to what I have been looking for :)

Just wish somebody would make a 33x12.50R15 in that sort of pattern :(

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody got actual measurements of the 265/75R16 version? I.e. height of the tyre, and the width of the tread from the outside of the lugs on one side to the outside of the lugs on the other?

I took a tape measure to a set at billing

32" high

9.5" width (outer edge of lugs)

I took a tape measure to a set at billing

32" high

9.5" width (outer edge of lugs)

Thanks, will have to check that against my BFGs :)

Though while I was over in the UK recently I saw a 90 with what I think were 8.5x16 Compomotive AT alloys, and big BFGs (probably 305/70R16) on and I must admit that combination was quite appealing too, looks good and the size I need :)

Blimey if they are 9.5" wide they are big for the size then!

Just measured a 265/75R16 BFG MT and that is 8.3" across the widest part of the lugs, a 31x11.50R15 Kumho 834 is only 9" across the lugs, so they are wider than both those.

I foresee some expenditure coming on, I am sure my BFGs are looking quite worn from some angles :)

Hope they produce a 33x12.50R15 :D

• 2 months later...

I have been running them for about 3 months now on my full bodied rangie in 235/85/16, I used to have grizzleys, I reckon they outperform the grizzelys by quite a lot.

They handle ok ish on the road, dont seem to be wearing too badly either but they are loud, much louder than the grizzleys.

How are you geting on with these tyres ? What do they handle like (in the wet) and have they worn much ?

They handle in the wet.......Good to average. I have done just over 1500 miles on them and they have only worn approx 1mm. In that 1500miles they have seen some nasty rocks that gave them a bit of a pounding. They seem to be holding up. Im happy with them, would like to get them in 33's though :D

Generally run pressures at 32 PSI for on and off-road. Dont air down for Off-road as i find this only ends up with me throwing a tyre. May try a lower at some point.

They are noisey...but i like the sound of slowing down, just like something out of Star Wars......

Hope this helps