dvla

could someone tell me exactly what the procedure is regarding informing dvla of engine change?is it simply a matter of printing the new engine number and signing it?I've been told a few horror stories and there's a nagging doubt that I've overlooked something

thanks

If they are consistent back to last year when I did mine they will ask for a receipt for the engine, although in my case I only had an eBay receipt which didn't state the engine number and that was enough. Best thing is to phone or visit your local office and ask because last year I was told at the office that the procedure was being tightened up and more evidence would soon be required. IMHO they mainly seemed to be interested in preventing theft rather than safety though..

If you want to turn it round more quickly do it at the local office - if it's anything like mine they are very helpful and you can just show them your evidence of purchase rather than having to send it off.

HTH

Roger