New Front Shocks, a couple of questions

I have bought a pair of OME N73Ls for the front of the truck. Going over the fitting process in my head I have a couple of questions.

The shocks come with a big bit of wire holding them closed. Now I need to take this off to get the protective plastic cover off. One this wire is removed, is the shock going to try and expand?

If it does, do I have any chance of compressing it by hand?

Do I need to take the wire off and get them on the truck ASAFP?

Thanks in advance :)

the wire is just to keep them compressed for transport. to tak it off, put the lower shock mount on the floor, grab hold of the top of the shock and push down, you can then remove the wire. once it's off, then the shock will start to expand, which is what it is supposed to do. to fit them, compress the shock, fit one end, then as it expands fit the other end :)

you can compress the damper by hand, the wire clip is just for transport in the box, replaced my front dampers by releasing the lower nut & removing the damper complete with the turret from the chassis mount, via the hole in the inner wing/engine bay. would be worth getting 2 new bolt rings & nuts before starting to change the dampers.

also prime the damper before finally fitting it to the vehicle. just extend/compress it a few times.

Oh yes, they can be a real pain - when you have missed "the moment of correct length" like ten times. I nearly gave up one time, but the trick is to use a long piece of wood under the car as a lever. I used a four foot length of 1½" x 2" rail. Bobs your uncle.