Done some small mod's to my 109

matrix1688

Hi, done some bit's to my 109,

Removed the tow ball so now it's safe,

Removed the roof rack and yes what a differance, no more rolling in corners, fuel consumption is way better and she pulls up hill better, top speed improved, many thanks for the advice on that, i have put it on Ebay...see what i get?

Looked into new tyres and found a Set of 4 Colway 31x10.50R15 All terrain tyres on 15x8 black modulars on Ebay for £200 they have done about 1000 miles? so i got them, 285 mile round trip today my 109 drove fine so all good.

100_4075.jpg

100_4076.jpg

100_4078.jpg

And while we are on the bad news .... :-)

Now it's got those flash wheels and good tyres on it, do something (unspecified and of your own choice) to stop the engine being started, and / or the vehicle being towed / pushed onto a trailer.

Steering wheel lock, clutch claw pedal clamp, etc.

It's starting to look tidy, and as soon as you do the paint it will look tidy, and people will cast covetous eyes at it.

Sad, but I'd rather it be said than left as just a thought.

Now it's got those flash wheels and good tyres on it, do something (unspecified and of your own choice) to stop the engine being started, and / or the vehicle being towed / pushed onto a trailer.

It's starting to look tidy, and as soon as you do the paint it will look tidy, and people will cast covetous eyes at it.

Yes the world we live in...i have ordered a battery isolator with a key, will fit it as soon as it arives, also thinking of a clutch to steering wheel lock but don't know if they are any good? used to have one on my old 88

Done the isolator switch, well tucked out the way so it can't be tampered with, next will be locking wheel nuts and some form of steering / clutch lock.

I'm not convinced many of those security things are worth the aggro - given that you can open LR locks with a roughly whittled twig it's going to take you longer to install/remove the various locks, clamps, and cutoffs than it is for a theif to have it away with a HIAB crane or suchlike. These days, aside from the popularity of stolen-to-order Defenders, I don't think any self respecting car thief is going to look twice at a Series unless it's uber-shiny.

However, DO tell your insurance company about any and all mods so they can't wiggle out if something does happen.

Your towhitch hangs an awful lot lower than mine, which is the same. I have an angle fitted where your holes are with the socket, which is bolted (well, welded in my case) to the bottom of the rear crossmember, and has no lower bracing as it projects only around 2". Is it the difference with a military rear crossmember?

Your towhitch hangs an awful lot lower than mine, which is the same. I have an angle fitted where your holes are with the socket, which is bolted (well, welded in my case) to the bottom of the rear crossmember, and has no lower bracing as it projects only around 2". Is it the difference with a military rear crossmember?

It is missing 2 x support bars that i need to make and fit and she has a lift kit so it may be fitted lower? but it is how i bought her

i'd put a set of locking wheelnuts on as well.

paddocks do some basic ones which you could get off with a socket hammered over but the site of them might be enough to put theives off.

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/SERIES/Accessories/Locking_Steel_Wheel_Nuts_-_S3_-_set_of_4.html

Thankyou...defo the next thing on the list, hopeing to put the spare on the back door rather than the bonnet, so looking for a set of 5