dundry 4 x 4

nick w

does anyone know whats happened to dundry 4 x 4 or if it still exists used to get a text from the new owner anouncing dates of next event but not any more and the phone number no longer seams to exist also the web site has not been updated for ages look foward to finding out as this is a good local pay and play site

Yeah have heard very worrying things about the use of the site, nooone really caring about what happens or how they do it.

There are a few more local-ish though, Minety! Foxham! Compton Basset! (heard good things about them) although still never drove any yet :)

Is a shame when a site like this shuts. I have been to Foxham and Compton Basset. Compton is big and has several play areas but is hard going on your truck as it is all very very boggy when wet. There are some very deep water ways there aswell and nothing to warn you of depth so need to go careful. Foxham is good. It is small but has lots of different things to try and is all marked up warning of any dangers. Will be going to Minety on the 6th March. :)

wow must have been the boxing day event then as i was at most others before that one although a have not heard anything or read anything in the local papers i have to say things had improved greatly since it was taken over around august it was bad but i am more than happy to go there with the wife and kids now . Hope there was no fatalitys and we find out that it is still up and runnin as foxham ect are just a bit far from me and defenders on muds really dont mix well with motorways :rolleyes:

Well, the website, which using this fantastic site called Google ( http://www.google.com ) came up really quickly :)

http://tinyurl.com/683yg8q

Seems a bit odd that the site hasn't been updated, if the rules and regs are enforced rather than completely ignored, it may well be a better site. When I visited the number of permanent Police CCTV cameras in place on the route to the fields made me realise that there may have been trouble there long before I visited.

Anyone been to Minety BTW? A group of friends go camping once a year, off roading and seems a good choice, any expereience/opinions?

i am pleased to anounce its still up and running paul the new owner emailed me last night from the mail i sent him by clicking on his email address on the web page dont think anyone has been killed and the next event is this sunday shame i cant attend due to the mot falier of the landy :(

• 3 weeks later...

There are a few more local-ish though, Minety! Foxham! Compton Basset! (heard good things about them) although still never drove any yet :)

Compton Bassett is now closed. Foxham under new management since last summer and have heard good reports about it since on this forum. Haven't been since their first week in charge though. Went to Minety last month and had a great day out. If I had to pick one I'd go for Minety I think - bigger site and not so much brick/block in the holes. :o