how does an LT230 work

pugwash

Is the difflock of an LT230 vacuum operated, electrically operated or mechanically operated.

when you push the T-box lever across does it flick an electronic switch or what?

this sounds like such a newbie question

what i shoudl be asking is- "is there anyway of bodging a linkage from an BW t-box to control an LT230?"

Is the difflock of an LT230 vacuum operated, electrically operated or mechanically operated.

when you push the T-box lever across does it flick an electronic switch or what?

this sounds like such a newbie question

what i shoudl be asking is- "is there anyway of bodging a linkage from an BW t-box to control an LT230?"

The BW lever only moves in one plane (front to back), and has a single linkage operating a single lever on the transfer box to control hi-lo range selection. Diff lock isn't needed as the viscous coupling takes care of that for you.

The LT230 lever moves in two planes (left to right as well) and has a second linkage which goes to another lever on the transfer box which engages diff lock.

The BW lever is a much simpler affair and to mod it sufficiently to operate the LT230 would be far more work that it's worth (in fact, it'd probably be easier to start from scratch). Much better to just get hold of an LT230 linkage, then it's just a case of unbolt one and drop the other in in its place.

I've got a complete set of LT230 levers for the 5-speed manual and the 3-speed auto.

I've used the set for the 4-speed auto. They are all different enough to not making it worthwhile mod'ing the wrong set

thanks all

dave- not sure what is happening with 7s yet - certainly not coming up Friday - trying to make it saturday/ sunday though to get a spare seat with John/ Bish/ james T etc etc this ok?

Mog- are you saying you have a spare set of linkages? is a lt230 linkage for an auto different for that of a manual? no idea what my Lt230 came off- think it might have been off a manual.

dave- not sure what is happening with 7s yet - certainly not coming up Friday - trying to make it saturday/ sunday though to get a spare seat with John/ Bish/ james T etc etc this ok?

Translated to say - "I am wussing out of 7S as I have to wash my hair and I am a big girls blouse who doesn't want to spend the weekend with his mates off roading and drinking beer..."

Translated to say - "I am wussing out of 7S as I have to wash my hair and I am a big girls blouse who doesn't want to spend the weekend with his mates off roading and drinking beer..."

Bitch,

3 weekends on holiday mean that my business partner is not particularily happy covering the shops this weekend- somthing to do with wanting a weekend off. i am also supposed to be workin in one of the shops either friday or saturday night- hopefully friday then i can go offroading on saturday!

I is a big girls blouse though- that is true

Mog- are you saying you have a spare set of linkages? is a lt230 linkage for an auto different for that of a manual? no idea what my Lt230 came off- think it might have been off a manual.

The levers for the LT230's bolt onto the gearbox, and the mounting boss is different 3-speed auto, 4-speed auto and manual.

So it matters what you are trying to connect it to, not what it came off.