10 minutes light relief anyone?

SOA 93

yep, thats the oddballs :)

The Carina/mog/cossie thing is Arnis from Latvia

the Jeep/Mog is Margus Peets (allround god) from Estonia, famous for competing in a white shirt and never getting it dirty (git git git)

The 88"/Laplander is Alexandur Suur (very very large allround god) from Estonia

The Red Niva/Mog/BMW is Urvo Mumme (its for sale €20,000) also Estonian (can you see a trend here)

the footage is a mix of Ladoga and the Baltic cup (we're hoping to compete in this next year)

I wanna go back.......... :rolleyes:

not a lot in common with UK stuff I know but I love it, I think the bigger protos would do badly over here but in their element they are something else - although there seems to be a trend from Russia towards building smaller, lighter, much faster and more powerful protos - I think the next couple of years will be interesting, will the lightweight Russians hammer the Estonian/Latvian monsters???? :unsure: they did this year but was it a fluke.....?

the Jeep/Mog is Margus Peets (allround god) from Estonia, famous for competing in a white shirt and never getting it dirty (git git git)

The Red Niva/Mog/BMW is Urvo Mumme (its for sale €20,000) also Estonian (can you see a trend here)

the footage is a mix of Ladoga and the Baltic cup (we're hoping to compete in this next year)

not a lot in common with UK stuff I know but I love it, I think the bigger protos would do badly over here but in their element they are something else - although there seems to be a trend from Russia towards building smaller, lighter, much faster and more powerful protos - I think the next couple of years will be interesting, will the lightweight Russians hammer the Estonian/Latvian monsters???? :unsure: they did this year but was it a fluke.....?

Awesome stuff :D

I think you may be right about some of the big trucks but they're not designed for over here. Just as no truck from here, Aus or the states would be competitive in those situations.

Most of the really good stuff comes from Oddballs.

I can understand you wanting to go back!!

Makes very good viewing.

Great video.

Just as no truck from here, Aus or the states would be competitive in those situations.

Will I disagree - I think some of the rigs that competed in the last Tuff Truck challenge in Aus could give them a run for their money - e.g. Sam's Mog Rover and Pete Antunac's Land Cruiser.

They may need to swap to tractor tyres though...

Mog Rover:

mogrover.jpg

Antunac's Beast:

peter_antunac640.sized.jpg

it would be fun to see them, I think Chris Hammer was supposed to be coming a couple of years back but didnt make it, SBCs underwater might be cool

Unfortunately I don't think they ever would come, since they are more interested in driving rock and dirt, rather than mud/swamps. Pete's truck is up for sale at the moment though...

theres plenty of rock and dirt, and sand, and forest, just everyone seems to like to watch the swamps :(

I think possibly a lack of sponsors cash and not paying for truck loads of journos to turn up keeps it a little under-exposed (with the exception of Fat Fred Kriggsman), not that thats a bad thing IMO

Great video.

Will I disagree - I think some of the rigs that competed in the last Tuff Truck challenge in Aus could give them a run for their money - e.g. Sam's Mog Rover and Pete Antunac's Land Cruiser.

They may need to swap to tractor tyres though...

Mog Rover:

mogrover.jpg

Antunac's Beast:

peter_antunac640.sized.jpg

Fair cop. I didn't think of those sort of vehicles, more the OBC style trucks.

theres plenty of rock and dirt, and sand, and forest, just everyone seems to like to watch the swamps :(

I think possibly a lack of sponsors cash and not paying for truck loads of journos to turn up keeps it a little under-exposed (with the exception of Fat Fred Kriggsman), not that thats a bad thing IMO

Its odd that given that the swamps are probably the most unpleasent place to take piccys.

I think it means less hiking for the press mob - the interior tends only to be accessible by foot, swamps aren't so bad anyway Will :)

..unless you are sinking OR you've run out of DEET, or Ciggies

then they are the most horrific places Ive ever had to spend time in

bar Slough of course :D

I think what might screw it for the Aussies is that all vehicles must be road legal in their country of registration - can they get Sams truck rego'd?

I think it means less hiking for the press mob - the interior tends only to be accessible by foot, swamps aren't so bad anyway Will :)

I think what might screw it for the Aussies is that all vehicles must be road legal in their country of registration - can they get Sams truck rego'd?

All trucks that enter OZ's Tuff Truck Challenge, as The Mog Rover and PeteAntenuc's truck have done must be inspected, and modifications approved by a Motor Registration Department authorised engineer. which means that the trucks are truly, really, cross my heart road legal. ;););)

Bill.

This place is getting more Pirate every day!

I am awestruck by that yellow thing called "Antunac's Beast" [doubleflipoff]. I don't know what it is, and I thought Jez's rig was pretty much the be all and the end all, but that yellow creature is without doubt the most fabtastic thing I have ever seen. I would love to get it in the Top Truck Challenge (Primedia) in the US because I think it would eat the blown 500 cid Kaiser watchamacallit with Rockwells on 52's for lunch!!! :blink:

What we really need for our viewing pleasure is a truly global 4x4 World Cup where trucks run the Rainforest Challenge, OBC, some mad US Rock-Krawlin torture thinggie, a Desert Challenge/Dakar type Rally-Raid, something in the Snow, Icelandic water walking, the Lagoda, and a tight and nasty UK type Winch Challenge for Winner Takes All. :D

Please, find me the sponsors and give me the nightmare/dream job of pulling it together......

My God, that "Antunac's Beast" is incredible :o

This place is getting more Pirate every day!

I am awestruck by that yellow thing called "Antunac's Beast" [doubleflipoff]. I don't know what it is, and I thought Jez's rig was pretty much the be all and the end all, but that yellow creature is without doubt the most fabtastic thing I have ever seen. I would love to get it in the Top Truck Challenge (Primedia) in the US because I think it would eat the blown 500 cid Kaiser watchamacallit with Rockwells on 52's for lunch!!! :blink:

What we really need for our viewing pleasure is a truly global 4x4 World Cup where trucks run the Rainforest Challenge, OBC, some mad US Rock-Krawlin torture thinggie, a Desert Challenge/Dakar type Rally-Raid, something in the Snow, Icelandic water walking, the Lagoda, and a tight and nasty UK type Winch Challenge for Winner Takes All. :D

Please, find me the sponsors and give me the nightmare/dream job of pulling it together......

My God, that "Antunac's Beast" is incredible :o

A truck that would excell in all those disciplines(sp?)probably would be impossible to construct. But if given the opportunity I would certainly enjoy the challenge of trying to design and build one.

Was this intentional?

If I remember correctly Slough means Bog!