wrong oil????

V8 90 JON

changed the oil on my 4.6 v8 today put 10/30 mineral in .....and oh s**t cant see down the road for the smoke....so have i done any damage is the oil the wrong grade and what should i do now?? (no rude answers involving diesel thank you!)

I use Comma 20W50, cheap from the motor factors so changed regularly rather than the expensive stuff Nige buys :ph34r:

I put something like 10w30 in the 3.9 once and the oil pump un-primed itself on a failed hill-climb, that was a right kerfuffle.

I use Comma 20W50, cheap from the motor factors so changed regularly rather than the expensive stuff Nige buys :ph34r:

Agreed, I use Comma 15/40 in my RRC, the V8 was designed way back in the 'sixties & benifits from a more viscous oil. For a higher mileage engine you can't go far wrong with a good 20/50 mineral.

oil changed replaced the plugs(to get rid of the misfire) still a bit blue..any thoughts as to how long it should take to clear,obviously the exhaust will have a fair coating and will have to get hot enough to burn off whats in there but i think my neighbours are going to get the arse soon!!