My new 90

Pete Attryde

The link would appear to busted sad.gif.

I actually think it may have a little to much travel to be true to scale, but i have some plans to re-build the suspension in a more accurate way which I suspect may result in slightly less travel on the front. on the other hand I may just leave it as it is.

Pete

Airlocker,

That's a much cooler video than mine.

Ross,

They are 100mm long metal body shocks with a single spring, but I can't remember where I got them from. I will probably go back to the standard shocks on the rear when I rebuild the rear suspension to match the 1:1. Not sure about the front at the moment but have a couple of options.

Pete.

Nice trucks. The pictures say 'resized to 87%' in the corner, but I get the impression they are much smaller than that!

Kev

Although I haven't checked the dimensions, the models are approximately 1/10th the size of a real one. So approx 9" wheel base.

Pete.

Spotted your thread on ukrcrc and rccrawler Pete.... I'm on both of them as landy-Ross. Thanks for posing on here, going to get mine finished :)

I had spotted you on UKRCRC didn't know you were on RCCRAWLER. Weirdly it was your build on UKRCRC that started me on mine unsure.gif.

If there is anything I can help with let me know.

Pete.

Hey Nice to see some RC's

My Bro built a few:

First one is to bash about nice and light lexan no real scaleness to it but not bad for entry level comp.

Home made chassis

Home made chassis again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoLB4sZ-4A4

Spitfiremk1uk For Pics its the first post on this forum:

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40752

Pete, where did you get the Axial arches from? I can't seem to find any places with them in stock!

Wheelspin models, although it shows special order I got mine in a couple of days. (Ordered 21/03/11 received 23/03/11.)

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car/item/AX80040-AXIAL-1-10TH-FENDER-FLARE-SET-2__104b2/

Pete.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to bring this up to date.

I have now more or less finished this now. In typical Landrover fashion the reverse and brake lights have stopped working laugh.gif and I still need to make a fog light and two work lights for the rear.

I have re-worked the front and rear suspension to closely match the full size one, even down to making some minature X-springs (hope Si doesn't mind).

I have finished the exterior detailing and made most of the interior, just need to make a spare wheel and an ammo box.

More pictures :-

DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF0085.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0087.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0091.jpg

DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0116.jpg

DSCF0100.jpgDSCF0101.jpgDSCF0103.jpgDSCF0107.jpgDSCF0110.jpgDSCF0111.jpgDSCF0114.jpg

Pete.

What a motor, brilliant. :i-m_so_happy:

is your driver on holiday from star trek, just that his shirt sleeve markings could put him in starship Enterprise or Voyager engineering.

Ralph,

Good spot, driver is Captain Kirk (from the new film, not Shatner) £3 from bay of E. Made him a hat and glasses and chopped his legs off just above the knee to allow him to fit. ph34r.gif

Pete

Ralph,

Good spot, driver is Captain Kirk (from the new film, not Shatner) £3 from bay of E. Made him a hat and glasses and chopped his legs off just above the knee to allow him to fit. ph34r.gif

Pete

:lol: was just a pure guess, shame he lost his legs, now build a wheelchair to go in the back, then he can get out & go for a beer after a hard day trucking around your garden

Well took it out for it's first bit of off-roading today.

In typical Landrover fashion didn't get very far as the rear prop failed mad.gif.

Just just a couple of posing shots :-

DSC_0027.jpg

ickleandlarge.jpg

DSC_0031b.jpg.

I have a new project to go with this under way. As soon as I have some thing to take pictures of I will post up.

Pete.

Thats a great replica of your 1:1 90 Pete.

Thanks,

I realised when taking those photo's that the bumper on the model is mounted to high, so am in the process of mounting it lower (will hurt approach angle slightly but what the hey). Also divorcing the motor from the transmission to get the weight further forward.

Will update with more pictures over the weekend.

Pete.

• 4 months later...

Not been around much since selling the fullsize 90.

Been playing around with the little 90 and upgrading the bit's that break (sound familiar :hysterical: ). Will update later.

I wanted to have a go at building another truck. This time I decided to not make a replica of anything but scratch build a 6x6 off-road capable truck.

Build thread here if your interested.

DSCF0377.jpg

Pete.