hydraulic winch

Hi,

I dont even know if there is such a thing.. but is or does anyone know of someone.. swho i could pay to basically turn up with a load of ends and pipe work...we run it all over my landy connecting up the winch levers tank / etc and then take it all off and he crimps it right there and then?

i understand its a 70ton machine that crimps them so this may not be portable

just though worth an ask first.

thanks

If you spend £1k on the hose & fittings (which is easily done :blink: ) you can get a free portable crimper from Hyphose / Parker. Otherwise as said Hose Doctor etc. will turn up and charge you tons for doing it on-site. I use Hyphose (trade counter) they will make up anything to spec while you wait (and drink their coffee) and be a lot cheaper than the mobile dude. Last time out it cost me ~£25 for two PAS hoses.

I'm in surrey. Happy to drive somewhere if it's not too far. There is a company lock who will give me bits I go away cut and measure it all then take it back and they crimp etc but just wondered if there was an easier way... Especially as I have no idea really...

Hi,

I dont even know if there is such a thing.. but is or does anyone know of someone.. swho i could pay to basically turn up with a load of ends and pipe work...we run it all over my landy connecting up the winch levers tank / etc and then take it all off and he crimps it right there and then?

i understand its a 70ton machine that crimps them so this may not be portable

just though worth an ask first.

thanks

our swager here at work is about the size of 4 shoe boxes. more like 70kg not tonne ;)

there are lots of mobile hydraulic vans that go around, it's just finding one in your area.

Gordon

If you spend £1k on the hose & fittings (which is easily done :blink: ) you can get a free portable crimper from Hyphose / Parker. Otherwise as said Hose Doctor etc. will turn up and charge you tons for doing it on-site. I use Hyphose (trade counter) they will make up anything to spec while you wait (and drink their coffee) and be a lot cheaper than the mobile dude. Last time out it cost me ~£25 for two PAS hoses.

Trouble with the parker machine ,it only does parker type all in one fittings so you have to keep complete fittings of the same type for different hoses grades instead of just different ferrules.

I did buy my machine as I got reamed by pirtek one too many times, which I suppose was a bit mad