Fallen in Love

Thought as i'd had a letter from LR, asking me to test drive one of their super new toys and they'd enter me into a competition to spend a week in finland playing in the snow, plus the reclassification as commercial so as a company car little tax, would have a play in new defender.

What a revelation, quiet engine, 6 gears, aircon, heated seats, smooth ride and low tax. Really buggered with my head as i expected shiny version of mine nothing more but it really is fantastic now to persuade accountant that i need one.

:wub: ahhhhhh

Hi Maverik.

I'm falling out of love with my 90 right now... after a total re-build last year it seems to still need attention every flippin week, I just want to drive the thing.

You may never have written truer words. :D But if it's any consolation it's the same for me :rolleyes:

I'll have to talk to my accountant, I wish. :D:D:D

That seems to be the way of the Land Rover.

Regards

The Puma is streets ahead of the older Defenders - I regretted selling my old 07 Puma to fund a house (although it is roomier for living in).

Pete Bell (BAS) offers the option to switch his tune / remap on and off so you can reset it to standard before it goes in for any dealer work.

yup handbrake still same place a lot of it still recognisable but no vents in front. Mine is a toy to be honest used when it snows and taking dogs out plus tip trips etc but is a blast of fresh air every time i get in it but as a daily driver no way.

For that reason i had dismissed defender as a company car, that and the emissions for tax, and find navarra animal etc shockingly bad. But now with low tax and a good drive it's on the list. Just need to learn to avoid rising to the is that the transit rebody job

If I had the money I'd buy a new 90, if you can get one through a company it'll end up being really cheap because it'll last forever, I had 300,000 miles out of a transit with that 2.4 engine in it.

As far as i'm aware there are only a few commercial vehicles that can pull a 3.5T trailer, Defender, Iveco Daily and Daihatsu Fourtrak so it makes it very versatile

I like my Puma, just the same as I liked the one before it, and the several TD5's, 300Tdi's etc etc back to the numerous pre Defender 90's & 110's and Series Land Rovers I had before. That said I find the Puma is a more refined and driveable vehicle for day to day use.

I like my Puma, just the same as I liked the one before it, and the several TD5's, 300Tdi's etc etc back to the numerous pre Defender 90's & 110's and Series Land Rovers I had before. That said I find the Puma is a more refined and driveable vehicle for day to day use.

How much more refined is the Puma compared to the TD5? As a (fairly) new TD5 owner I'm really happy with the extra power/torque and general smoothness compared with the 300tdi.